Depending on your knowledge and experience
Secondment via YER, Contract with client
Manufacturing, High Tech
About this vacancy
To improve DAF's state-of-the-art engines and powertrains, we are currently looking for a Technical Analyst Engine Power Curves.
As Technical Analyst Engine Power Curves you are responsible for:
Creating and maintaining the Engine power curves according to delivered requirements:
- In existing Excel format
- In a new to be created MATLAB environment
- Creating a database with all available power curves
- Communicating with stakeholders in the Engine and Vehicle Development teams
Calculating normalized Engine Heat Release at predefined load points using simulated and measured data:
Calculating Engine lifetime using input data of the Sales department and existing ISO curves.
DAF Trucks N.V. in Eindhoven is part of the PACCAR Inc. which is one of the biggest global players in the heavy duty truck industry. The known truck brands of PACCAR are Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF. Within the PACCAR Group Inc.
Working in this position, you will be employed by YER and be stationed at DAF Truck's headquarters in Eindhoven. After one year you will have the options of joining the DAF organisation directly. You will have the following benefits:
- Attractive (fixed) salary commensurate with knowledge and experience
- 25 free to spend holidays per year
- A contract for a definite or indefinite period at a financially robust organisation
- Travel expense reimbursement or leased vehicle
- Good pension scheme
- Overtime will be compensated in payment of wages or time-for-time
- Committed to a good balance between work and private life
- An open culture and clear communication
- A Service Desk ready to answer all your practical questions.
We are looking for a candidate with:
- Preferably a master level Automotive Technology or Mechanical Engineering
- At least 1 year relevant working experience
- Good understanding of vehicle powertrains, such as engine, gearbox, rear axles etc.)
- Experience with diesel engines is preferred
- Good communication skills in Dutch and English is required
- Extended and experienced knowledge of MATLAB is required
- Analytical, result-oriented, fast learner and a team player.