Max. € 70,000
Secondment via YER
About this vacancy
Do you have a minimum of 5 years experience in a similar Architect role and a Master or PhD in Mechanical Engineering/Mechatronics? Are you eager to further develop your mechanical expertise, to be part of the state-of-the art technology innovation and multiple engineering disciplines? Do you want to work within a dedicated team to achieve breakthroughs? Do you have interest in a being a part of a high-qualified international oriented family? Are you in for developing you personal skills by being pro-active and inquisitive?
If so, then the job of Architect Mechatronics/Mechanical at ASML could be the perfect next step in your career.
ASML is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of Chip-making equipment. ASML is a multinational company with offices in 60 cities in 16 countries, Headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands. They employ more than 17.500 people. Within ASML, the sector Development & Engineering (D&E) is responsible for the specification, design and engineering of the ASML products. For this sector (D&E) we are looking for an Architect Mechatronics/Mechanical for the departments Machine Architecture & Industrialization, Mechanical Development and Opto Mechanics. When you react on this vacancy, landing spot, based in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, please let us know in the cover letter which department you are interested the most.
Your job mission is to deliver high level mechanical/mechatronics system architecture that enables the optimal functionality and cost effective engineering of new systems.
- Creation and investigation of mechanical or mechatronics concepts. Discuss with project members, sectors and peer experts. Come up with well-considered choices, validated against system requirements
- Validate concepts on high level requirements regarding position accuracy, speed (system output) and other functional specification requirements
- Definition of high level modules and related technical interfaces. Monitor that projects stay within agreed specifications. Make use of your creativity and helicopter view to find solutions in case of conflicts
- Knowledge transfer to production and other relevant groups
- Contribute to system roadmaps
- Coaching and training on the job of mechanical/mechatronics engineers in the team
- Setting direction in and deployment of the Way of Working (e.g. using V-model, Product Generation Process (PGP) and design reviews)
- Ensure proper competence management within the group, teaming up with the mechatronics competence within the department Development & Engineering
ASML is a successful Dutch high-tech enterprise that produces complex lithography systems used by chip manufacturers in the production of integrated circuits. ASML is at the cutting edge of this technology and delivers systems to all the world's leading chip manufacturers. ASML's employees are among the most creative talents in the fields of physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechanical engineering and software. Every day they collaborate in close-knit multidisciplinary teams in which members listen to and learn from one another and exchange ideas. It is the ideal environment for professional development and personal growth.
ASML is headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to ASML. We offer:
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension, lease car, bonus model)
- Challenging assignments
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
- Master or PhD degree in Mechanical or Mechatronics Engineering
- At least 5 years of experience in creating new machine concepts (or large complex modules)
- Covering all aspects like position accuracy, speed (output), layout, serviceability, transportability, install, etc.
- Familiar with FEM and related development tools
- Basic knowledge of thermal management, flow control and static design
- NX (or other 3D design tool)