Max. € 70,000
Secondment via YER, Interim/independent, Contract with client
About this vacancy
Is it your strength to write down the best way to manufacture and service our machines in the factory and field and describe unambiguously the procedures necessary to do so? Do you understand how to translate technical details to executable steps and clear pictures? Do you like to work together with engineers and enjoy writing procedures according to the predefined standard? Then the job of technical author for Manufacturing and Equipment Engineering might be just the one for you!
You will be working in the department Mechanical Architecture, where you are responsible to create and maintain the technical communication needed to build and service our machines in the factory and field, based on the input of the manufacturing and equipment engineers. Your support structurally improves the quality and usability of our procedures.
- Convert input from engineers and/or development documentation into effective technical documentation for ASML products according to the specifications and standards
- Create and modify procedures for factory and service operations
- Create and make changes to illustrations and convert illustrations to the required publishing format
- Use documentation tools and apply the ASML style to the created or modified documents
- Specify requirements concerning illustrations, technical input or user feedback
- Signal problems with technical documentation and propose scenarios for solutions or escalate
- Acts as a first point of contact on issues with documentation relating to the various projects and for handling incoming comments
ASML is a successful Dutch high-tech enterprise that produces complex lithography systems used by chip manufacturers in the production of integrated circuits. ASML is at the cutting edge of this technology and delivers systems to all the world's leading chip manufacturers. ASML's employees are among the most creative talents in the fields of physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechanical engineering and software. Every day they collaborate in close-knit multidisciplinary teams in which members listen to and learn from one another and exchange ideas. It is the ideal environment for professional development and personal growth.
ASML is headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to ASML. We offer:
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension, lease car, bonus model)
- Challenging assignments
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
Master or bachelor degree in a technical area and trained as a technical author.
- Proven work experience as a Technical Author
- Experience in the use of CMS and XML authoring is preferred
- Fluent in written English
- Broad technical and business knowledge
- Good one-on-one communication skills
- Focused on quality, continuous improvement.
- Team player
- Affinity with installations and interconnections
Context of the position
The goal of Mechanical Architecture - Manufacturing and Equipment Engineering is to industrialize ASML products while development is ongoing, embedding a system’s industrial performance (cycle time, reliability, availability, and cost) into the specifications and early in the design phase. This means thinking about the manufacturing environment, the use and maintenance at the customer site, and to take into consideration lessons learned from the past. If we focus on product industrialization early, we can prevent most of the manufacturing and quality problems in our factory as well as at the suppliers and even improve our delivery time. MA’s role is to leverage concurrent engineering and to do things in parallel, working as a team with D&E, CS, Manufacturing, Sourcing – every department involved in the Product Generation Process (PGP). The results will never be exclusive of MA: our goal is the success of the Programs, and we want to contribute as part of the team to the achievement of the Program targets, from industrialization aspects to time to market.
The holder of this position reports to the Group leader Mechanical Architecture - Manufacturing and Equipment Engineering – Mechanical Layout and Handling & Transport.
You will create or edit all technical documentation (Procedure, PCS, FCO, Newsflash, comments, etc.) for Equipment and/or Manufacturing Engineering and be the main interface for all authoring related issues, tooling and processes.