Attractive salary and benefits
Secondment via YER
About this vacancy
For our client DAF Trucks we are looking for a Vehicle Control Engineer.
As Vehicle Control Engineer you define and design a wide range of improved or new mechatronic product features to be introduced on new XF and CF models. This position focusses on features of hybrid drivelines (e.g. Cruise Control while being propelled by an electric motor) as well as cabin features (e.g. exterior light control).
Your tasks will include design, modelling and rapid control prototyping. You will also actively support building of prototype vehicles for verification and validation of the functional design. You will write formal functional design requirement documents and monitor the function development towards implementation and validation.
You cooperate closely within a multidisciplinary team with different stakeholders, such as function owners, system owners, architects, test engineers and suppliers. You are the linking pin for translating their input into a feasible control concept design.
DAF Trucks N.V. in Eindhoven is part of the PACCAR Inc., which is one of the biggest global players in the heavy-duty truck industry. The known truck brands of PACCAR are Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF. Within PACCAR Inc.
The department Vehicle Control within Product Development is responsible for the definition, design and validation of feasible control concepts for vehicle functions, both in advanced technology projects as in product development projects. These control concepts are applied in all Paccar vehicles.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to DAF. We offer:
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension, lease car, bonus model)
- Challenging assignments
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Cooperative, result-oriented and relationship-driven
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
For this high-tech function, we are looking for candidates with a BSc or MSc background in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, preferably in the automotive domain. You have excellent skills with modelling in Matlab/Simulink/Stateflow and model based development, experience in requirements management tool Doors is a pre. You have an active hands-on mentality with a feel for the constructive aspects of prototyping. You can fluently speak and write English. Dutch is a pre. You have good communication skills and an analytical mind, are pro-active and have a committed team-player attitude.