Secondment via YER, Interim/independent
Medical & Health
About this vacancy
We're looking for a Deployment lead / Project manager for Europe, to be stationed in Best and/or Drachten. This role requires a lot of change management, training, stakeholder management and coordination. Freelancers and candidates for permanent positions are both welcome to apply, as there are several options available. If you have experience with implementations of SAP ME (or similar) you have an advantage over other candidates.
Within a defined governance structure the Project Manager (PM) role executes according to a standard methodology for the purpose of delivering the required change in strategic business initiatives. The PM is accountable for organizing, planning, managing and completing all of the expected methodology elements for the assigned project(s). This accountability extends across the entire lifecycle of the methodology (e.g. initiating, executing and closing), demands frequent stakeholder change management, and ensures the project delivers the expected elements within the sponsor’s approved timeline, budget and quality. Therefore, the PM has authority to assemble resources and request budget as needed to complete the project deliverables.
As the program is a business transformation the PM is also accountable for managing the change and process standardization on the site.
Because Philips is a global company it is also essential the candidate has experience working with multiple global cultures.
Key Areas of Responsibilities
- Working with the other functions (IT, Supply chain, University, EIM and the ERP program team) you will lead a team to design, build, test and deploy the new Global template capabilities needed to bring factory sites onto the Global template capabilities and harmonize and simplify the processes.
- Direct and manage quality for all aspects of project execution according to the standard methodology
- Collaborate with sponsors and other key stakeholders
- Develop and obtain approval for the project charter, which includes outlining strategic alignment, scope, goals and objectives, key performance indicators, performance criteria, and resulting business benefit
- Develop a comprehensive project plan that documents how the project will be executed
- Identify key milestones and manage the project schedule to achieve said milestones
- Identify and actively manage stakeholders associated with or impacted by the project, which includes frequently planned communication using multiple channels
- Develop and manage a detailed change management plan to quickly attain and sustain the expected organizational change
- Implement the project solution and fully realize and report on the expected business benefit
- Assemble or acquire the required project resources to complete project deliverables
- If needed, negotiate with other departments or procure contracted personnel to meet the resource demand Identify, collect, and develop mitigation plans for the project risks and issues
- Appropriately represent the project detail during defined project quality assurance reviews
- Ensure project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately
- Build and develop business relationships vital to the project success
- Collaborate with any sub-project or associated PM (e.g. IT PM, third-party PM) as needed to deliver the expected project elements
Philips Lighting’s roots date back more than 125 years to the business founded by Frederik and Gerard Philips in 1891 in the Dutch town of Eindhoven. Throughout its history, the company has been at the forefront of many of the lighting industry’s major advancements. Today, it leads the industry worldwide in conventional, LED and connected lighting, with the largest connected lights network in the world.
Philips Lighting IT/EIM is the central organization within Philips Lighting. This organisation creates enterprise data platforms, maintains master data definitions and supports master data management activities on application platforms within the Philips Lighting IT landscape.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to Philips. Our benefits are very competitive and designed around your preferences:
- A competitive salary depending on experience
- Extensive set of tools to drive your career, such as a personal development budget, training and coaching
- Healthy work-life balance
- To work in a dynamic and driven team in which you can grow and gain experience in a multinational environment
- Working for a world player can help you to further your career
Job Knowledge, Skills & Experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in a science or related field required
- PMP certification required or to be taken within first year
- Agile and SAFe certification (desired but not required)
- Additional project management discipline certifications (e.g. Prince 2, Lean, Six Sigma) (desired but not required)
- 5 + years of project management experience
- Service delivery process experience preferred
- Manufacturing and cross-sector project management experience highly preferred
- Superior administrative, management and project coordination skills
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent active listening skills
- Ability to clearly articulate messages to a variety of audiences up and down the levels in the organization
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships
- Ability to influence others and move toward a common vision or goal
- Flexible and adaptable; able to work in ambiguous situations
- Resilient and tenacious with a propensity to persevere
- Forward looking with a holistic approach
- Organized with a natural inclination for planning strategy and tactics
- Problem solving and root cause identification skills
- Able to work effectively with all levels in an organization
- Must be a team player and able to work collaboratively with and through others
- Acute business acumen and understanding of organizational issues and challenges
- Project on time
- Project on budget
- Project on quality
- Value case realization
- Satisfaction rating from project team and key SHs
- Managing a complex stakeholder environment
- Managing multiple projects with sub-projects
- Maintain high a level of communication via strong reporting process to ensure all levels of stakeholders are up-to-date with projects status
- Managing and balancing stakeholder, organizational and governing entity expectations will require significant relationship management
- Assignments will typically be cross-business and many stakeholders
- Assignments will likely include sub-project PM’s that include other functions (e.g. IT, SCRUM leads) and third- parties
- Significant variety of global stakeholders (e.g. multiple sites, businesses, language and culture risks, varied contexts)
- Significant business value and assignment visibility with significant leadership attention, organizational interest, aggressive timelines, and business targets