Excellent remuneration package
Secondment via YER
About this vacancy
Long-term and challenging assignment at one of the most High-Tech companies in the world. The data analytics productivity office is responsible for enabling successful deployment and adoption of data analytics solutions within ASML. The productivity office is part of the plan function within the CC BDA (Big data and Advanced Analytics) within ASML IT. The data governance expert reports to the plan function within CC BDA, and has internal interfaces with the Corporate Data Office and other departments responsible for or working with master data, Business Process Analysts (BPA), Business Information Analysts (BIA) and CDL (Central Data Lake) developers.
Data governance is a key enabler in the advanced data analytics strategy. Currently multiple data governance initiatives are ongoing but there is no central alignment. As part of ASML’s data analytics target architecture we are building a central data lake, which provides a unique opportunity to make a maturity step in data governance. In this function, which is part of the data analytics productivity office, the consultant is coordinating and handling data governance for the Central Data Lake from an IT perspective.
Ensuring data governance is in place for the Central Data Lake. Enable data quality dashboards for data profiling and monitoring. Safeguard quality of data that is ingested in the Central Data Lake via the data ingestion platform.
- Safeguards data governance for the Central Data Lake
- Acts as linking pin between respective data governance initiatives from an IT perspective
- Works proactively with data governance stakeholders (Corporate Data Officer, BIA for SAP MDG, Cloudera Navigator/Collibra developers and architects, etc.) to ensure alignment with and re-use of ongoing data governance initiatives.
- Actively promote the importance of data governance.
- Assesses the quality of the data that is ingested into the Central Data Lake and initiates required improvement actions and programs for data quality improvement.
- Responsible for continuous alignment of the data governance for the Central Data Lake with the core ERP systems, the enterprise data warehouse and other reporting departments or applications with regards to master data
- Provides general feedback and improvement proposals, attunement of implementation planning, hands-on assistance, problem solving and reporting requirements.
ASML is a successful Dutch high-tech enterprise that produces complex lithography systems used by chip manufacturers in the production of integrated circuits. ASML is at the cutting edge of this technology and delivers systems to all the world's leading chip manufacturers. ASML's employees are among the most creative talents in the fields of physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechanical engineering and software. Every day they collaborate in close-knit multidisciplinary teams in which members listen to, learn from one another, and exchange ideas. It is the ideal environment for professional development and personal growth.
ASML is headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to ASML. We offer:
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension, lease car, bonus model)
- Challenging assignments
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
- Bachelors or master’s degree in Information Technology, Business Administration or equivalent
- Fluent in English, preferably also in Dutch
- Understands and has experience with data definitions and data models (metadata)
- Understands and has experience in master data maintenance process design
- Experience with the implementation and usage of data governance tools (e.g. Cloudera navigator, SAP MDG, Collibra) (hands-on)
- Common understanding of data lake and data warehouse concepts
- Strong client-orientation and commitment to excellence
- Pro-active personality who can deal with resistance
- Good communication skills
- A demonstrated ability to perform in high-pressure environments
- Well-developed consultancy skills with a strong go-getter mentality including willingness to perform hands-on activities
- Motivated and enthusiastic team player