Secondment via YER
About this vacancy
Are you challenged by the engineering of electrical connectivity solutions for high-tech products? And do you have excellent communication skills, combined with a high level of discipline? You’d better contact us today!
As an Board Designer, you are defining, realizing, qualifying, managing and maintaining various board designs for both existing and new ASML products. Furthermore you contribute on defining the next generation of these products in close cooperation with the architect.
The Board Designer is responsible for the following:
- Act as the Electronic Development representative in a multidisciplinary design team
- Interact intensively with colleagues from other groups and departments when required
- Define, document and maintain analogue and/or digital board designs
- Perform trade-off studies to determine the preferred implementation scenario for new or changed functions. Get agreement with stakeholders
- Make work breakdown and effort estimation for the various board designs, adjusted with other stakeholders
- Manage the outsourcing of development activities at co-developers
- Contribute to the multidisciplinary roadmap concerning the board designs within the ASML products
- Act as a technical coach for other team members
- Transfer knowledge to production- and service-engineers
- Contribute to analysis and solution of reliability issues
Context of the position
The sector Development & Engineering (D&E) of ASML is responsible for the specification, design and realization of the products in the ASML portfolio. Within the sector D&E the department Electronic Development (EDEV) is responsible for the definition, realization, qualification and integration of electronic functions and modules within these products.
The Board Designer reports to the Group Manager Electronics or delegated Team Leader.
ASML is a successful Dutch high-tech enterprise that produces complex lithography systems used by chip manufacturers in the production of integrated circuits. ASML is at the cutting edge of this technology and delivers systems to all the world's leading chip manufacturers. ASML's employees are among the most creative talents in the fields of physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechanical engineering and software. Every day they collaborate in close-knit multidisciplinary teams in which members listen to and learn from one another and exchange ideas. It is the ideal environment for professional development and personal growth.
ASML is headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to ASML. We offer:
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension, lease car, bonus model)
- Challenging assignments
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
- Bachelor degree or higher in electrical engineering or equivalent
- Multiple years of experience as designer of analogue and/or digital boards, including experience with working in multidisciplinary design teams to establish agreement on specifications
- Broad technical knowledge of electronics with basic knowledge of physics, mechanics, mechatronics and software
- Initiative, pro-active
- High motivated team player with good social- and communication skills
- Structured with eye for details
- Accurate, systematic approach, analytical, problem solving
- Persuasiveness and decisiveness. Pragmatic attitude
- Quality focus
- Fluent English in word and in writing (Dutch preferable)