Max. € 50,000
Secondment via YER, Interim/independent, Contract with client
About this vacancy
Are you a talented Cabling expert with strong skills and experience as a Cabling engineer. Do you have a proven track record in the development of sophisticated mechatronic systems? Do you like working with many different stakeholders on safety critical products for use within the healthcare domain? This is a unique opportunity to further grow your career within the IGT-systems business.
You will be part of the Mechatronics Development Cluster in the R&D organization of the Image Guided Therapy (IGT) Systems Business Unit within Philips Healthcare. This Business Unit is responsible for marketing, development and manufacturing of X-Ray systems for cardiac or vascular medical diagnosis and intervention (e.g. balloon angioplasty and stent procedures). Customers are interventional specialists, in the cardiology and radiology domain operating in a wide variety of hospitals across the globe.
The R&D organization consists of 450 people, organized around the main functions of the systems that we develop: the image chain, the robotics, the applications and the service and workflow functionality. The Mechatronics Development Cluster is amongst others responsible for the accurate positioning of the patient and imaging equipment. The cluster takes responsibility for all aspects of development including Mechanics, Electronics and Software. We work closely together with several other disciplines within and outside our organization (procurement, operations, service, marketing, quality and regulatory) to ensure the best end to end results.
As Cabling engineer, your responsibilities include:
- Initiate, oversee and help execute multi-disciplinary analysis and cable design activities to improve performance, safety and cost of the system
- Be a reference for the multidisciplinary design team for cabling design aspects
- Within new product introduction projects and product life cycle activities you are responsible for requirements, integral design, implementation, test and integration in accordance with the higher level specifications. Including alignment with all the relevant internal and external stakeholders such as operations and procurement
- Ensures that there is proper documentation for his/her design (e.g. Design calculations, dFMEA, Field data analysis, verification reporting)
- Ensures the mutual consistency and efficient integration of the separate modules in modular, easy-to-maintain units that meets the product specification
- Understands and communicates consequences of his/her design on the architecture
- Contributes to technology roadmaps and other strategic related activities
- Contribute to the sourcing strategy including make-buy decisions, supplier selection, and contract management
With a growing presence in cardiology, oncology, and women's health, Philips operates in the areas of Imaging Systems, Patient Care & Clinical Informatics, Home Healthcare and Customer Services. Philips combines its clinical expertise and human insights to create innovative solutions across the continuum of care, in partnership with clinicians and our customers, to provide better value and expand access to care for millions. Our teams are working hard every day to improve patient outcomes all the way from disease prevention and screening to diagnosis, treatment, therapy monitoring, and disease management. Irrespective of whether the care cycle takes the patient from doctor's office to hospital or hospital to home, or simply from one medical department to another, Philips Healthcare's unique medical solutions are designed to optimize the quality and flow of patient information and clinical decision making.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to Philips. We offer:
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension)
- Challenging assignments
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Program with a personal coach
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
- Bachelor degree in Electro-, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent and with at least 5 years of experience in relevant electro-mechanical design and development projects
- Preferably with experience in the Healthcare domain
- Strong communication skills (English and Dutch), a down-to-earth mentality, ability to deal with a diverse stakeholder field
- Analytical, creative, and abstract thinker with ability to define and understand concepts/problems quickly, able to create and review technical documents and when needed applies hands on mentality
- Accurate and quality minded
- With a proven track record in supplier and stakeholder management