Secondment via YER
About this vacancy
For Philips Drachten we are looking for a Function Developer.
As a Function Developer you develop and test innovative technical solutions to fulfill consumer or product function requirements. You work in a team in close cooperation with both the product development team and the product researchers. You always safeguard our trusted values regarding functionality, design and simplicity.
You are responsible for:
- Translating commercial, functional and design specifications into technical concepts
- Developing and engineering appropriate modules
- Safeguarding functionality, performance, quality, reliability and manufacturability of products
- Planning, realizing and steering the function development
- Finding and generating knowledge (extern and internal) in a recognized, specific domain relevant for the appliance
development, that is not readily available externally
- Maintaining and increase level of knowledge in defined domain and making available in the departments in a way that is accessible for others
- Influencing strategic decisions on appliance design based on his expert knowledge
- Searching actively to new ways to improve and explore knowledge into his own knowledge domain
- Generating necessary input for roadmap and strategy discussions
- Delivering the architecture options together with the system Architect
- Cooperating with colleagues and other departments. Is able to influence people and help build a team.
With a growing presence in cardiology, oncology, and women's health, Philips operates in the areas of Imaging Systems, Patient Care & Clinical Informatics, Home Healthcare and Customer Services. Philips combines its clinical expertise and human insights to create innovative solutions across the continuum of care, in partnership with clinicians and our customers, to provide better value and expand access to care for millions. Our teams are working hard every day to improve patient outcomes all the way from disease prevention and screening to diagnosis, treatment, therapy monitoring, and disease management. Irrespective of whether the care cycle takes the patient from doctor's office to hospital or hospital to home, or simply from one medical department to another, Philips Healthcare's unique medical solutions are designed to optimize the quality and flow of patient information and clinical decision making.
Philips Drachten offers access to a range of advanced innovation services, expertise and high-tech facilities across the whole innovation process. The main service extends from concept creation support, product and process development, prototyping and small series production, equipment development, quality and reliability, industrialization, right through to sustainability and industrial consulting.
You will be working with a team of international colleagues in which you can be sure of a healthy work-life balance. We will also reward your effort and achievements with an attractive salary and fringe benefits. You will be employed by YER and seconded to Philips. A quick summary of our terms of employment:
- Fixed, competitive fixed salary commensurate with knowledge and experience
- 24 day's paid holiday and 8% holiday allowance
- Travel expense reimbursement
- Good pension scheme
- Overtime will be compensated in payment of wages or time-for-time
- Continuous challenging projects in the technology sector
- Intensive and personal guidance
- Opportunity to participate in a personal coaching programme
- Inspiring master classes
- Specialised training courses or a complete training programme
- You have a Master or PHD in Biomedical or Mechanical Engineering, Physics or Chemistry
- You have a broad technical interest and are eager to learn and explore new fields
- You have experience in the field of (consumer) function development; from education and/or from previous assignments
- You are familiar with state-of-the-art development techniques
- You show passion for (complex) technical puzzles, always working towards thorough understanding and knowledge
build-up by determining theoretical or empirical modeling their working
- Skills in MATLAB and Python are a plus
- You are quality driven. Experience with Design for Six Sigma is a plus
- The ability to balance innovation and practical realization
- You are a team player and you have good coordination, communication skills