Secondment via YER
About this vacancy
Challenging assignment at one of the most high-tech companies in the world.
The software engineering infrastructure (SEI) group within ASML is responsible for the environment (software and hardware) used by ASML software developers in order to produce commercial software products. This environment consists of an integrated development, build, test and release environment and must be capable to support Continuous Integration throughout the lifecycle and configuration management of the ASML product software.
The environment is developed and maintained in close cooperation with the ASML software development community (more than 2000 developers within multiple departments).
As SCM Architect within SEI you will be assigned to design and document architectural decisions for Business Line Applications as part of a DevOps team. Thus, you will participate in both project and operational changes. This role involves taking ownership by writing designs and translating project needs and architectural guidelines into high quality services to address end-users requirements and IT improvements.
In your role you will work with a multi-disciplinary team as an expert in your domain. Also will be in charge of connecting the team with other architects in functional areas such as security, build, test, workplace and infrastructure architects. Also an important part of the job is the alignment with (project) manager and stakeholders for requirements and implementation, test and acceptance strategies.
ASML is a successful Dutch high-tech enterprise that produces complex lithography systems used by chip manufacturers in the production of integrated circuits. ASML is at the cutting edge of this technology and delivers systems to all the world's leading chip manufacturers. ASML's employees are among the most creative talents in the fields of physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechanical engineering and software. Every day they collaborate in close-knit multidisciplinary teams in which members listen to and learn from one another and exchange ideas. It is the ideal environment for professional development and personal growth.
ASML is headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to ASML. We offer:
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension, lease car, bonus model)
- Challenging assignments
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
Who are we looking for:
From a personal perspective, the candidate is flexible and accustomed to context switching in a fast paced environment, a good communicator and an innate curiosity. It is important to have a can-do mentality and learn on the go approach. Also most of the tasks require the capability to understand large, complex environments at different levels of technical abstraction in order to foresee impact of implementation and strategical decisions on end-user requirements.
Formal education should include one of the below:
- BsC in Computer Science (or related field) and minimum 5 years experience in software or information architecture
- MsC in Computer Science (or related field) and minimum 3 years experience in roles such as requirements manager, business analyst, architect within large, complex, technical software development/ IT environments.
Other required knowledge:
- Documentation capabilities with an eye for detail
- Excellent command of English
- ArchiMate (architecture modelling language)
- Microsoft Visio
- Virtualization concepts and/or Cloud architecture
- Atlas Sian tooling and GIT, especially SCM
- CI/CD Pipeline architecture
- DTAP, HA and DR architectural best practices
- Wide understanding of software lifecycle in complex software development environments
- Requirements gathering techniques
The candidate should have as a plus base understanding of:
- Storage, network and database solutions
- ITIL, Agile and PMI/Prince2 basic knowledge