Max. € 70,000
Secondment via YER, Contract with client
About this vacancy
Thermal energy is everywhere around us, and goes everywhere. On one hand, we put hundreds of kilowatts into our machines to get things moving and illuminated, whereas on the other hand we are concerned about mill watts, micro kelvins and ultimately Pico meters of thermal expansion. All to get good optical performance in our lithography machines, that are used in semiconductor chip manufacturing.
Here practically all thermal engineering aspects are at play. Are you able to keep the overview in this dynamic and demanding environment? Will you steer the team towards design solutions with impact on our next generation machines? Will you be able to balance a robust thermal system design with all critical design parameters?
As a Thermal Engineer you help build high-tech machines, and an average day may look like this:
- You align with your project leader and colleagues from different disciplines on priorities, task division and the long term plan. You also discuss the next tough steps on the Thermal Design Overview you have been building up for months;
- Later that day, you gather with the analysts in your team to get a better understanding of their thermal test results. Don’t forget to prepare the presentation for the business case: you will need it to convince the stakeholders of your design-change proposal.
ASML is a successful Dutch high-tech enterprise that produces complex lithography systems used by chip manufacturers in the production of integrated circuits. ASML is at the cutting edge of this technology and delivers systems to all the world's leading chip manufacturers. ASML's employees are among the most creative talents in the fields of physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechanical engineering and software. Every day they collaborate in close-knit multidisciplinary teams in which members listen to and learn from one another and exchange ideas. It is the ideal environment for professional development and personal growth.
ASML is headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to ASML. We offer:
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension, lease car, bonus model)
- Challenging assignments
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
Some of the most high-tech machines on earth to work with
A bustling and driven company culture
A team of some of the brightest minds to work with
MSc of PhD degree in Engineering, (Applied) Physics, or similar
Significant engineering/design experience
Strong desire to develop in thermal engineering and lithography
Profound interest in high tech systems
Strong drive and communication skills to work with a team and to convince your stakeholders
Ideally you also have:
A specialization or PhD in thermal engineering
Experience in the semiconductor industry
Solid understanding of System Control
Experience with Matlab, Ansys or similar simulation packages
Does this sounds like you? Then please reach out to us and apply for this job!