€ 60,000 - € 85,000
Legal & Tax
Contract with client
About this vacancy
For Energyst at the Headquarter in Breda, YER is recruiting a Corporate Legal Counsel (0.8 FTE).
The main goal for the Corporate Legal Counsel is to service the company in all legal matters and related issues which may arise in any of the company’s business units/countries and custom solutions projects. The corporate counsel is a counterpart of management and supports decision making from the legal point of view and is also responsible for the coordination of legal matters handled by outside counsels.
- Contribute to the formulation of the company’s legal strategy and policies
- Always intent on minimizing legal risks
- Advise corporate, and local management in all legal matters and issues, including mergers and acquisitions
- Review, draft (and renegotiate if necessary) all contracts and statutory legal documentation including tender and other commercial documents for corporate, business units ensuring adherence to company policy and all other legal requirements; this includes setting up and/or closing down legal entities
- Prepare shareholders meeting including necessary documents for decision making; similarly, responsible for proper conduct of statutory meetings in regions; ensure principles of corporate governance are maintained
- Ensure all company legal documentation and records are up to date and registered at the appropriate (governmental) organizations e.g. Chamber of Commerce papers, power of attorney, registration of lease contracts and associated arrangements; this includes legalization of such documents if required
- Coordinate the contracts and contacts with the lawyers of local law firms in the various countries where the company is active; manage litigation with 3rd parties at corporate level striving for minimal damages in costs and reputation
- Monitor developments in areas of law related to the business
- Committed to work according to company QHSSE guidelines and ensures support on continuous improvement at all applicable areas within the organization
- Ensure compliance with relevant laws, statutory requirements and supportive processes, introduce standards frameworks and contracts for all routine legal documents
- Custodian of Corporate Governance in the company, actively prepare and manage claim record
- Translator of business opportunities into the legal terms and conditions, provide standard contracts clauses around business exposures and associated legal risks e.g. supply of fuel arrangements, product liability, environmental and safety issues, integrity and reliability issues
Energyst was formed by Caterpillar and 10 of its European dealers to be the exclusive CAT dealer in Europe for rental power and temperature control solutions.
They are a CAT Rental Company for power generation and temperature control. But most of all: they are a group of people that bring their personal and professional energy to every project in every part of the world. To be honest, it is not the energy of their rental solutions that makes the difference. It’s the energy of their people. Dedicated experts, who really want to know everything and assume nothing. Only then they can provide solutions that really work, today and tomorrow.
- Excellent remuneration package
Qualifications and experience:
- (University) degree in corporate law or other law degree
- 7 to 10 years of experience in corporate law, 5 of which in an international business setting
- Experience in negotiations of contracts terms and conditions in an international environment
Other relevant knowledge or skills:
- Fluency English; other European languages are desirable
- Strong communicator who can convince people
- Ability to balance commercial opportunities and legal risks
- Is experienced in negotiations of contract terms and conditions in an international environment
- Sharp legal brains and a high degree of professional and commercial knowhow and skills, due to event/project driven, non-routine nature of work, particularly in the custom solution project organisation requires