Legal & Tax
Contract with client
About this vacancy
For Mizuho, YER is recruiting a Compliance Officer.
As a Compliance Officer you aim at protecting the integrity and trust of MBE and its stakeholders as a whole. Together with the first line – business – you are responsible for compliance with rules, regulations and internal policies. You act as countervailing power to the compliance stakeholders, with thorough knowledge of both the business processes and the relevant laws and regulations.
You will be offered the opportunity (and freedom) to further build this Specialist function. Mizuho has short lines of descision-making and a pragmatic approach. A perfect combination wich allows you to expand the 2nd line of defence. You actively advise on developments in the supervisory-, regulatory-, and compliance landscape.
As Compliance Officer you are part of a dynamic team and actively contribute to make necessary organizational and cultural changes. The team consists of legal, compliance and information security specialists who report directly into the Director Legal & Compliance. The compliance professionals (each branch has a compliance officer on the ground) focus on integrity and trust, compliance risk management, advice and awareness, policy development and regulatory reporting. Compliance is the expert centre for themes such as anti-money laundering, sanctions, KYC/ CDD, fraud and conduct, corruption and bribery, market abuse and conflicts.
Within your role as countervailing power to the business, you contribute to the continuity and growth of the Bank.
Your job will focus on 3 main areas. Within this scope you are able to take the lead in maintaining a solid structure for the Bank.
1) Compliance Risks, Policies & Expertise
- Initiating and carry out research necessary to access the impact of (compliance-, regulation- , regulatory related) changes and risks on the Banks activities
- Advising the Director Compliance and Executive Board about developments in the supervisory, regulatory and compliance landscape
- Identifying key compliance areas, identify bottlenecks and new demands and translate those into policies to control (compliance) risks
- You are responsible for the Regulatory Reporting and lead those as a project by involving the internal stakeholders
- On regular basis you organize training sessions to enlarge awareness of employees on compliance
2) AML & Sanctions, Compliance Monitoring & Investigations
- You are responsible for frequent upgrading of KYC/CDD system, as well as provide guidance, support and advice related to transactions and clients (on boarding/review)
- You further enhance the framework of transaction monitoring and sanctions. You coordinate and advice on the more complex internal and regulatory investigations
- Driving the identification of risks and the execution of local KYC/CDD, AML & Sanctions risk assessments. Challenge outcomes and monitor the follow up of these risk assessments, advice Management on the CDD, AML and Sanctions Risk Appetite. Promote, coordinate, and act on the outcome of the required CDD, AML & Sanctions risk assessments
3) Further enhancement of the Compliance framework
- Providing solicited and unsolicited advise
- You liaise with the branch’s compliance officers and maintain oversight within the common focus
- You are capable of managing and educating the junior compliance professionals
- Further, you are responsible for driving and monitoring the progress of the Compliance Agenda
- You will actively liaise with/challenge head office to further develop the Compliance Model
- In addition, activities also include the further enhancement of the EU oversight framework for MBE and its branches
The Mizuho Financial Group, Inc. (MHFG or the Mizuho Group) is one of the largest financial institutions in the world. Through its legally-owned subsidiaries it offers a broad range of services including banking, trust banking and securities, and other business related to financial services through its group companies. MHFG is listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange and New York Stock Exchange. The total Mizuho Group and its subsidiaries has approximately 55,000 staff working in approximately 890 offices inside and outside of Japan, with total assets of over US$1.7 trillion.
Mizuho Bank Europe N.V. (“MBE” or the “Bank”) was established in 1974 and is a 100% subsidiary of Mizuho Bank Ltd., which in turn is a wholly-owned subsidiary of MHFG. MBE employs around 95 FTE and has Branches in Brussels (Belgium), Vienna (Austria) and Madrid (Spain). MBE is a fully licensed bank incorporated in the Netherlands, and its main supervisors are De Nederlandsche Bank (“DNB”) and the Autoriteit Financiële Markten (“AFM”).
You have working experience in ‘business change’ combined with in-depth knowledge of the compliance themes Integrity, CDD, AML and Sanctions, and/or specific investigative expertise.
- University degree
- Certified compliance professional
- Minimal 5 years’ experience in Compliance with demonstrable experience in KYC/CDD, AML and sanctions and regulatory investigations
- Knowledge on the conduct and integrity risks pertaining to banks
- Experience in (international) banking environment, financial supervisor or regulatory authority
- You are fluent in Dutch and English, both verbally and in writing
- Initiative: self-starting and self-organizing, works effectively and efficiently, prioritizes work and anticipates business needs
- Good communication and negotiation skills
- Organized and problem solving
- Team builder and able to build networks easily
- Innovative and change agent