Max. € 90,000
Secondment via YER, Contract with client
High Tech, Manufacturing
About this vacancy
Do you enjoy the challenges of improving the serviceability of complex and advanced lithography equipment, by using your vision, organizational and communication skills? Than you will successfully fulfil the position of Architect System Engineering within the availability management group.
The Architect generates availability (= values the available percentage of the ASML machine at the client side) system design capability (waterfall to spec) during the execution of the ASML design process. Verifies and validates the system performance based on test benches, system integration and field feedback. All steps are made in close cooperation with Function Clusters (FC’s) and System Engineering (SE).
Within New Product Introduction projects you will focus on:
- Set up and own system design capability of MTBI, MTTR, PM, XLD’s
- Make availability prediction based on upcoming design implementations and introduction effects
- Align waterfall to spec with Availability Roadmap of SE
- Analyse system availability with focus on design improvement and discuss solutions with FC’s
- Analyse and explain gaps between expected and actual performance and give direction for solutions
- Perform deep dives on availability performance for design gaps and field issues to understand correlations and trends
- Work close together with architects from competences reliability, diagnostics, and recovery to define system solutions
- Communicate the priorities to close the specification gaps to a group of stakeholders in Engineering, program, Customer Support
Context of the position
Machine Architecture and Industrialization (MI DE MA&I) is a department within the Development and Engineering (D&E) sector. MA&I is dedicated to increase the robustness of the company’s products and processes. The sector drives the industrialization of solutions relating to Reliability, Availability, Manufacturability and Serviceability (RAMS) into ASML’s products from concept till they meet the required Customer’s specification and expectation.
Within MA&I, the Service & Manufacturing Technology department (S&MT) brings together the key competences needed to enable the design meeting the availability and industrialization specifications throughout ASML’s product development programs.
Within S&MT AV management is a group of project leads and architects that interfaces with system engineering and all functional clusters to drive system availability as an integrated approach for system MTBI (Mean Time Between Interrupt) and system MTTR (Mean Time To Repair). Based on design capability and field feedback solutions are provided (reliability, diagnostics, recovery) and direction for program decisions to minimize downtime of our machines and thus maximizes uptime in our customers’ factories.
You will interface with line and program level stakeholders within a broad scope of sectors (D&E, System Engineering and Customers Support) and use your expertise to inform the Product Development Manager, Product Cluster Manager, System Engineer, Project Leader and Function Architect.
You will report to the AV management Group Leader.
ASML is a successful Dutch high-tech enterprise that produces complex lithography systems used by chip manufacturers in the production of integrated circuits. ASML is at the cutting edge of this technology and delivers systems to all the world's leading chip manufacturers. ASML's employees are among the most creative talents in the fields of physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechanical engineering and software. Every day they collaborate in close-knit multidisciplinary teams in which members listen to and learn from one another and exchange ideas. It is the ideal environment for professional development and personal growth.
ASML is headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to ASML. We offer:
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension, lease car, bonus model)
- Challenging assignments
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
Master Degree in a technical area, such as Electronics, Mechatronics, Mechanical Engineering, or Optics/Physics.
- As from 5 years’ experience in a multidisciplinary technical environment
- Proven track record in relation to industrialization, serviceability or availability and specifically system reliability, diagnostics and recovery
- Broad scope: ASML system knowledge, software, mechanics, electronics, optics, data analyses, IT infrastructure
- Experience in analysis on (new) designs to define the critical areas with guidance for required improvements
- Excellent analytical skills and “helicopter view”
- Able to influence without power and speak up
- Self-propelling and entrepreneurial attitude
- Strong communication, organizational, interpersonal and team building skills
- Perseverance in situations when confront with push back