Legal & Tax
Contract with client
High Tech, Manufacturing
About this vacancy
ASML wishes to hire a top performing, commercially minded lawyer with a passion for technology and experienced with intellectual property issues and technology licensing.
Your main tasks will be advise, draft and negotiate license/Intellectual property contracts with third parties.
As Licensing Counsel you provide advice on intellectual property issues in a broad range of commercial transactions relating to patent and technology licenses, R&D, procurement and technology development consortiums supported by state aid.
Besides this you will be responsible for e.g:
- Assisting in drafting and negotiation of IP related agreements
- Developing and assisting in the implementation of processes and strategies to address IP issues relating to the company’s products and services
My client is looking for a junior to mid-level IP lawyer to join the company’s international high-tech manufacturing environment, supporting the Corporate Intellectual Property Department across a broad spectrum of global IP issues and transactions.
You should be solution oriented, quick to adapt and understand complex and fast changing systems and processes, always looking to improve and have a superior eye for detail and legal quality.
ASML is a successful Dutch high-tech enterprise that produces complex lithography systems used by chip manufacturers in the production of integrated circuits. ASML is at the cutting edge of this technology and delivers systems to all the world's leading chip manufacturers. ASML's employees are among the most creative talents in the fields of physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechanical engineering and software. Every day they collaborate in close-knit multidisciplinary teams in which members listen to and learn from one another and exchange ideas. It is the ideal environment for professional development and personal growth.
ASML is headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
- Fine remuneration and one of the best packages of secondary conditions in the Netherlands
- A law degree and excellent academic credentials
- 2-6 years of relevant experience, either as in-house legal counsel or within a law firm
- Substantial technical experience relating to complex systems
- Excellent negotiation and drafting skills
- A goal oriented IP lawyer
- Able to develop an understanding of complex technical questions and interact with engineering and R&D personnel
- Flexible, with the ability to work on numerous projects in parallel
- Highly motivated, proactive and service oriented
- Able to clearly communicate and explain IP issues to non-legal clients (often with an engineering background)
- Able to work in a multicultural and multidisciplinary environment
- Able to work independently and in teams
- Proficient in (business) English
- Occasional travel to Asia, the US and within Europe (once a year)