Contract with client
About this vacancy
The Portfolio & Risk Analysis Team operates from Amsterdam and New York and is responsible for investor reporting, in-depth portfolio analysis, performance measurement, development of track record and assistance to fundraising efforts, benchmarking and research related assignments. In this capacity, the professionals are contact point for its institutional investors and act as sparring partner to management, the Investment Solutions team, and investment teams, mainly on operational and performance related matters. The team reports directly to the CFOO and takes on the responsibility for ad-hoc projects for the CFOO.
The company’s client and product base is expanding rapidly. To manage this growth, Portfolio & Risk Analysis is expanding its team.
The Analyst role represents a unique opportunity to be part of a dynamic and growing team operating at the centre of the global private equity market. As a Portfolio & Risk Analyst you will work in a dynamic and international team, based at the company’s head office in Amsterdam. The role will be focused on increasing the scalability of current systems and tools to accommodate the rapid growth of the investor base. You will be in close contact with all teams within the organization, providing you with exceptional exposure to all aspects of the private equity business: from fundraising and investor on boarding to the investment process and portfolio analysis. You will set up and update in-depth portfolio analyses of the firm’s portfolios, together with team members from the Amsterdam and New York offices. This involves dealing with large sets of data to create, manage, analyse, report and explain investment or portfolio information.
The company is a leading global private equity investor with approximately EUR 40 billion of assets under management as per March 31, 2017. Approximately 85% of these funds are invested in private equity funds globally, including secondary transactions, with the remainder invested directly in companies as a co-investor (equity and mezzanine) in Europe, North America and non-traditional markets. The company has approximately 150 employees based in Amsterdam, Hong Kong and New York.
- Good remuneration
- Pleasant working atmosphere
- Career possibilities
- Personal development
- International oriented
- University degree in Econometrics or Engineering (or similar quantitative background), preferably with supplementary degree in Finance or Economics, with strong results
- Work experience of 0-2 years
- Good command of English (Dutch language skills not a pre-requisite)
- Strong analytical capabilities, Excel and database skills. Familiarity with programming is preferred
- Team player within an international environment
- Can challenge constructively while developing strong relationships
- Pro-active, structured, goal-oriented, with an ability to also think ‘outside of the box’