Max. € 70,000
Secondment via YER, Contract with client
About this vacancy
Are you excited by innovation and new developments for the consumer market and do you want to be part of a team with exciting challenges, this might be the opportunity you are looking for!
You will be responsible for the product development (mechanical engineering and documentation) in the development, realization and aftercare of innovative products.
- You develop new and optimize existing product concepts within cross-functional teams. Or you lead and control outsourcing of these activities
- You support function development via defining and realizing models and test set-ups
- You define, create the mechanical construction including 3-D models and 2-D drawings of new products
- You proof, that the design meets the requirements by means of tolerance analysis, material selection, stress and deformation calculations, simulations etc.
- You participate and lead as key competence resource in multi-partner cross-functional and cross-cultural teams
- You manage the Product Documentation (the BOM and the Design History File)
- You do the root-cause analysis of production problems and consumer complaints
- Your scope is international so some travelling, sometimes for several weeks, is part of this job
- These jobs offer growth potential and opportunities for further career development within our Organization
With a growing presence in cardiology, oncology, and women’s health, Philips operates in the areas of Imaging Systems, Patient Care & Clinical Informatics, Home Healthcare and Customer Services. Philips combines its clinical expertise and human insights to create innovative solutions across the continuum of care, in partnership with clinicians and their customers, to provide better value and expand access to care for millions. Their teams are working hard every day to improve patient outcomes all the way from disease prevention and screening to diagnosis, treatment, therapy monitoring, and disease management. Irrespective of whether the care cycle takes the patient from doctor’s office to hospital or hospital to home, or simply from one medical department to another, Philips Healthcare’s unique medical solutions are designed to optimize the quality and flow of patient information and clinical decision making.
The Innovation site Eindhoven is part of Innovation & Development (I&D) Consumer Lifestyle. It focuses on the development of medically and non-medically endorsed lifestyle products. It is responsible for the development and realization of new product propositions. The Innovation Site Eindhoven is looking at a very challenging growth task to bring faster, more new ideas to the global market.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to Philips. We offer:
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension)
- Attractive salary
- Challenging assignments
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Program with a personal coach
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
You have a background in Mechanical / Bio-mechanical engineering at a high qualitative level (Masters). You have a proven track record and experience (of at least 3 yrs.) in development and realization of new consumer products in a R&D environment. You have experience in one or more relevant fields of competency for consumer products, such as mechanics, plastics (polymers), rubber materials, etc.
- a Masters (preferred) or Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or mechatronics (in NL: werktuigbouwkunde, fijnmechanica, mechatronica)
- Experience with consumer products (mechanical construction)
- Experience in mechanical design and product documentation
- Knowledge of plastic materials (used in design for consumer products)
- Experience in CAD design using Pro-E (Creo-2)
- Experience in cooperation in a multi-site multi-partner development environment
- Preferably you are familiar with Design for Six Sigma
- Experience in developing largely mechanical consumer products
- An abstract, analytical, and creative thinker
- Open minded towards other disciplines and companies in the field of product development
- An excellent communicator and motivator, skilled in managing interpersonal processes
- Able to continuously challenge the status quo, with a strong desire to improve organizational effectiveness structurally
- Always looking for perfection. You don't accept underperformance or poor results. You have a quality mindset