Max. € 60,000
Secondment via YER
About this vacancy
A very interesting position for an engineer who feels challenged by improving the production process to ensure product quality, short lead-times, high efficiency and ‘short time to market’ for Production. The sector Operations is responsible for the production of wafer scanners. The complete production process of the most advanced machines takes place within Manufacturing.
To design, maintain, and optimize production processes and adapt to changed output requirements. Develop and apply methods of measuring the performance of the production process. Support the Production in order to ensure product quality, short lead-times and ‘short time to market’.
As EF PS Production Engineer SQ you mainly focus on maintenance and optimizations of the system qualification. You follow the progress of the NXE systems on the shop-floor, looking for opportunities to improve. All disturbances that occur during execution have to be analysed and prioritized, to have a successful follow-up at the right solving party. Some you can solve yourself, other issues have to be ‘sold’ to other parties. Your interpersonal skills come to use. Why is it needed to solve these issues? You are capable of convincing others how they can help the factory.
As EF Production Engineer you will contribute to the 4 main PE drivers:
- Decrease cycle time
- Decrease cost
- Increase efficiency
- Increase quality
You will have constant attention for safety. Although working from a competence group, flexibility is expected, to secure the EF output plans and cycle time roadmaps.
The main tasks of PE:
- Create and maintain work instructions for measurement competence
- Ensure the tools and processes to support measurement steps on the shop-floor
- Create and maintain the factory processes involved in measurement competences, including OCAP’s, PCS, and fish-bones
New product introduction:
- Brings his knowledge to bear on (new) product or process development projects, in order to foresee production problems in the design phase and in order to improve the manufacturability of the product and test design.
- Continuously adapts, optimizes operating instructions, process flow charts, routings, process parameters and indicators
- Analyses the production process, points out structural problems and bottlenecks, works out suggestions for improvements and initiates their implementation, often in close cooperation with the surrounded departments as Development, Industrial Engineering, Supply Chain and Customer Support
- Contributes to the rapid solution of complex faults and takes the necessary initiatives and practical decisions
For escalations, travel to install locations might be required (appr. 2x/year).
For regular support stand-by might be required.
ASML is a successful Dutch high-tech enterprise that produces complex lithography systems used by chip manufacturers in the production of integrated circuits. ASML is at the cutting edge of this technology and delivers systems to all the world's leading chip manufacturers. ASML's employees are among the most creative talents in the fields of physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechanical engineering and software. Every day they collaborate in close-knit multidisciplinary teams in which members listen to and learn from one another and exchange ideas. It is the ideal environment for professional development and personal growth.
ASML is headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to ASML. We offer:
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension, lease car, bonus model)
- Challenging assignments
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
- Bachelor in Physics, Electronics, Mechatronics, Mechanical Engineering or comparable
- Preferably experience in a production environment with high tech products and complex production processes, preferably in both assembly and test environment
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing is an advantage
- Experience in the field of Technical Production Engineering and quality methodology such as statistical process control and FMEA is an advantage
- Flexible, can cope with stress
- Broad technical and business knowledge
- Strong analytical mind
- Focused on quality and continuous improvement
- Team player
- Good social and communication skills
- Effective interpersonal skills; able to convince others
- Show initiative
- Adequate English language skills in speech and writing
- Dutch language skills are a pre