Max € 60,000
Secondment via YER, Contract with client
About this vacancy
If you are a successful FEM analyst and you want to take the next career step, this is an exciting opportunity for you – a chance to demonstrate how your conceptual thinking can contribute to truly innovative mechanical designs.
As an ASML FEM Analyst your activities will focus on FEM calculations, but within a world-leading organization this position offers much more scope to express and develop your talents. At ASML, FEM analysis is being used to contribute more than just mathematical predictions – your expertise combined with a flair for creative problem solving will generate ideas for use at the very forefront of the design process.
This vision of FEM analysis is prompted by the ever-shortening lifecycles of technologies, the limits of which are increasingly being reached faster than ever. By combining FEM analysis and creative thinking, ASML is approaching innovation from a new and exciting direction, one that promises fresh thinking on how to reach next-generation technologies.
You will analyze the mechanical behavior of various components and/or systems, draw conclusions and give directions for improvements. In addition, the result of your activities should be communicated to the members of the design teams. FEM modeling and analysis will be used to a large extend during your daily work.
- Perform (conceptual) FEM analysis. Validation of models by tests (pre/post test analysis)
- Advice design engineer and architects
- Execute analysis plans and clearly communicate the status and results
ASML is a successful Dutch high-tech enterprise that produces complex lithography systems used by chip manufacturers in the production of integrated circuits. ASML is at the cutting edge of this technology and delivers systems to all the world's leading chip manufacturers. ASML's employees are among the most creative talents in the fields of physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechanical engineering and software. Every day they collaborate in close-knit multidisciplinary teams in which members listen to and learn from one another and exchange ideas. It is the ideal environment for professional development and personal growth.
ASML is headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to ASML. We offer:
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension, lease car, bonus model)
- Challenging assignments
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
Technical University, Master’s or PhD with specialization in precision-, micro-, or nano-engineering; biomechanics; mechanics of materials or mechatronics (with mechanical background).
- Relevant working experience
- PSE certified at preferably “Standard” level (Ref.: www.nafems.org)
- Finite element analysis (preferably Ansys , Hyperworks and/or Comsol experience is a pre)
- Knowledge/experience in one or more of the topics below is preferred
- Theoretical and experimental knowledge/experience in the field of precision engineering
- Reliability/fatigue analysis
- Acoustic analysis
- Structural optimization
- Data processing/visualization using MATLAB
- Experimental modal analysis
- Strong analytical ability with a pragmatic attitude
- Creative thinking capability
- Clear communication (both verbal and in writing) on several levels within the organization
- Proficient in English