€ 35,000 - € 50,000
Secondment via YER
About this vacancy
We are looking for an Automation Application Engineer experienced in station automation. Do you recognize yourself in the profile below? Then contact us!
Responsible for all customer design activities pertaining to LV / MV switchgear assemblies, creating high quality custom designed assemblies at a minimum cost while meeting and exceeding customer requirements, in accordance with all applicable codes and standards.
In addition, the engineer defines and implements improvements that improve the efficiency of the Custom Order Engineering team, and provides applied engineering and technical consultation regarding the design and specifications of custom-made applications, necessary safety precautions and calculations during the RFQ (Request for Quotation)
COE Electricals & Applications is part of the Manufacturing Engineering Systems department within the PDD division.
There are 4 teams organized (Electricals & Applications 15-20 FTE, Mechanical 5-10 FTE, Work preparation 10-15 FTE and Manufacturing Engineering 5-10 FTE.)
Power Systems Automation (PSA) provides software and PLC based designs, modifications, training, consulting, start up, maintenance and repairs for Electrical Network Monitoring and Control systems. Application Engineering provides advice, design and technical validation of custom-made applications within existing product families for all Product Lines. Within the Electricals & applications team there will be one or two FTE appointed to have the core business in PSA.
An Application Engineer can be appointed as Lead Engineer to mentor or lead other engineers on large projects including preparation of substation single line drawings and calculations for fault calculations, grounding, and coordination. Detail physical design of substation including equipment arrangement, bus-ducts, and grounding. Detail electrical design of substation including all electrical diagrams, floor plans, protection and control schematics and wiring diagrams
Our client is a power company, based in the east of the country. She provides energy-efficient solutions to manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably.
This is a job where you will be employed by YER and be seconded, with the aim of eventually being employed by the client. Our terms of employment in a row:
- Competitive fixed salary, depending on knowledge and experience
- 24 day's paid holiday and 8% holiday allowance
- Travel expense reimbursement or leased vehicle
- Good pension scheme
- Overtime will be compensated in payment of wages or time-for-time
- Continuous challenging projects in the technology sector
- Intensive and personal guidance
- Opportunity to participate in a personal coaching programme
- Inspiring master classes
- Specialised training courses or a complete training programme
- Must understand the switchgear Design and Manufacturing processes
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering
- Several years of experience of power systems design engineering work
- Able to program PLC in software package Codesys and Galileo
- Knowledge about communication protocol: Modbus, Profibus, Profinet, Ethernet/IP, Devicenet
- Knowledge about Software package for SCADA: Zenon
- Knowledge about station automation and IEC standard IEC 103 104 61850
- Best engineering practices for designing automation systems, asset management systems, HMI software and PLC programming
- Knowledge about testing, diagnostic, repair tools and methods
- Knowledge of the applicable law, regulations, (inter)national standards including IEC standards
- Solid organizational skills and the ability to multi-task are paramount
- Excellent communications skills and must have the ability to interface with internal and external customers, sales, and other team members on a technical level in multiple languages
- English and Dutch language
- Preferred: Application expertise in the following equipment: MV, LV, control systems, power transformers, rotating machines, protection, systems grounding, substation design