Max. € 70,000
Secondment via YER
High Tech, Manufacturing
About this vacancy
Within ASML the sector Development & Engineering (D&E) is responsible for the specification and the design of the ASML products. The department Mechanical Development (MDEV) is designing, building and testing mechanical systems and sub-systems which are fitted into the end products. The group Precision Mechanics Atmospheric is responsible for the engineering of mechanical modules for the positioning systems like wafer stages for DUV systems at ASML. The main focus is lightweight and stiff design at affordable cost of nanometre-accuracy positioning and high speed stages.
As a Design Engineer in Precision Engineering you are responsible for the development and application of mechanical designs to meet system specifications and operational requirements.
- Specifies and designs the modules and/or functionality to realize the required performance
- Uses state of the art design methods and construction principles to ensure adequate designs that can be realized from a technical and supply chain perspective
- Drives the qualification of the design by contributing to the specification of tests and the design and realization of test equipment.
- Ensures that prototypes are built and tests are carried out
- Delivers the technical product documentation that is needed to release the design for volume production
- Supports the introduction of the designed part at the supplier, developing needed supplier tooling and setting-up the needed processes at the supplier
ASML is a successful Dutch high-tech enterprise that produces complex lithography systems used by chip manufacturers in the production of integrated circuits. ASML is at the cutting edge of this technology and delivers systems to all the world's leading chip manufacturers. ASML's employees are among the most creative talents in the fields of physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechanical engineering and software. Every day they collaborate in close-knit multidisciplinary teams in which members listen to and learn from one another and exchange ideas. It is the ideal environment for professional development and personal growth.
ASML is headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to ASML. We offer:
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension, lease car, bonus model)
- Challenging assignments
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
- Bachelor degree Mechanical Engineering with 4 years’ experience or more
- Master degree Mechanical Engineering with 2 years’ experience or more
- Well educated and experienced in the application of construction principles and accurate position principles. Design for degrees of freedom. High-class ability to make stiffness and strength calculations
- Well-developed analytical ability, ability to design concepts and a pragmatic attitude and capability to translate concepts into practical designs that meet the specified requirements
- Experience with interacting with suppliers on highly technical products
- Experience with design of high tech materials like ceramics, high strength steel, titanium, carbon
- Experience with 3D CAD modelling tools is required, NX certification is pre-requisite
- Experience with FEM and analytic tools, like NX structure, ANSYS, Matlab, Mathcad
- Strong analytical ability with a pragmatic attitude
- Creative thinking capability
- Team player
- Planning and prioritizing own work
- Good communication skills
- Good knowledge of English (mandatory), knowledge of Dutch and German is preferred