Max. € 55,000
Secondment via YER, Contract with client
High Tech, Manufacturing
About this vacancy
ASML's challenge is to develop, integrate and qualify the EUV systems according to customer specifications, and deliver within time and budget. The Wafer Clamping & Particle Contamination Control department is part of the sector EV EUV DE in development and engineering. Do you enjoy using your creativity to the develop a complex system, do you like solving multidisciplinary problems, do you like teamwork, sharing your vision, and interacting and working together with many different disciplines? If so you will enjoy ASML, it will be a great opportunity for your professional development and personal growth.
The group EUV Defectivity is responsible for optimizing the systems performance by providing the means and methods to prevent, detect, analyse, predict, control and eliminate particle contamination sources in the scanner. Furthermore, the group must ensure that the designs of the tools and systems are industrialize able.
Each EUV system as a whole must be such that the particle levels on the reticle, wafers, optics and sensors are according to specification.
During the assembly and integration process of the systems, as well as at customers, issues arise and need to be solved. On top of this, the future systems require ever improving performance. The particle contamination control engineer must be able to collect and process system and test data, as well as the required system configuration data, to monitor system performance, to early identify issues, and to pin-point issue areas or areas of improvement, as well as create and explore proposals for developments and improvements.
In order to be able to do so, the engineer must have, or be able to learn, thorough system and module knowledge. Combined with knowledge of particle generation processes (materials, coatings, vacuum), particle transport processes (gas flows, inertia) and particle deposition processes (adhesion, bonding) and mixed with common sense, there will be a great challenge to force design changes and design optimizations into work packages and support their execution by the required projects. A combination of these skills will result in the ability of the engineer to drive and support the improvement of the system’s performance and system issue solving, and with this the engineer will make a valuable contributions to ASML's projects and customers.
ASML is a successful Dutch high-tech enterprise that produces complex lithography systems used by chip manufacturers in the production of integrated circuits. ASML is at the cutting edge of this technology and delivers systems to all the world's leading chip manufacturers. ASML's employees are among the most creative talents in the fields of physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechanical engineering and software. Every day they collaborate in close-knit multidisciplinary teams in which members listen to and learn from one another and exchange ideas. It is the ideal environment for professional development and personal growth.
ASML is headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to ASML. We offer:
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension, lease car, bonus model)
- Challenging assignments
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
Physics, Mechanical or Chemical Engineering, preferably PhD.
- Has industrial experience in multidisciplinary projects
- Can work in a mix of troubleshooting a complex system in parallel with running investigations to make it perform better (hands-on combined with analytical work)
- Is familiar with “contamination control”, preferably within ASML (but not a must)
- Affinity with materials analysis is a plus
- Has experience with customer contact
- Strong analytical ability with a pragmatic attitude
- Curious, willing to learn new things
- Can filter root-causes out of complex datasets, and explain it to the other engineers in the team
- Can work independently in a dynamic, explorative environment, as well as in a team
- Highly committed and flexible (sometimes working outside office hours, changing requirements and boundary conditions)
- Robust personality is a must
Position in the organization
The holder of the position reports to the group leader EUV Defectivity and is operational within multidisciplinary projects.
- Willing to travel, several times per year (USA, Asia)
- Driving license