Max. € 60,000
Secondment via YER
Medical & Health, High Tech
About this vacancy
Image Guided Therapy (IGT) is a new business group within Philips, spanning the interventional X-ray business, the recently acquired Volcano business and the Business Incubation group. The overall purpose of IGT is to create a clinical business solutions and change the way Philips interacts with their customers and portfolio.
The Business Incubation group (BI) is a dedicated corporate venturing organization tasked to create new solutions for IGT, focusing on procedure innovation and new business model development in the cardio-vascular domain. Within BI, entrepreneurial multidisciplinary teams act as start-ups (ventures) in the larger corporation, tasked to build new businesses and acquire new skills while leveraging the competencies of the broader Philips organization. One of such start-up is the Eclipse venture, creating novel solutions to navigate minimally-invasive devices. The Eclipse venture is based in Best, The Netherlands.
The Project Manager Equipment Manufacturing plays a key role in the Eclipse venture that drives the manufacturing of the venture’s equipment, used in conjunction with Eclipse devices (catheters and guidewires) by physicians in the context of the Eclipse solution: An integrated combination of navigation console and consumable devices that will impact the outcome and costs of minimally invasive interventional treatments. He/she is accountable for the implementation of the equipment manufacturing line at IGT-Operations, which will be the manufacturer of the equipment. He/she works directly with other venture team members, IGT-Operations and Philips Group Innovation to ensure the implementation of a controlled manufacturing line.
- Formulates the manufacturing project plan, in accordance with the goals and timing of the overall project, specifies the resourcing of the project, resources required, anticipated costs, risk assessment and quality standards to be used
- Controls the project budget and project progress, takes corrective actions when necessary and generates adequate reporting
- Leads the project, within the project budget, in terms of quality, money, time, information and organization, monitoring progress and managing external resources
- Directs employees and gives them operational guidance, both technically and organizationally
- To keep abreast of technical developments in own field through literature, technical contacts, and industry competition
With a growing presence in cardiology, oncology, and women's health, Philips operates in the areas of Imaging Systems, Patient Care & Clinical Informatics, Home Healthcare and Customer Services. Philips combines its clinical expertise and human insights to create innovative solutions across the continuum of care, in partnership with clinicians and our customers, to provide better value and expand access to care for millions. Our teams are working hard every day to improve patient outcomes all the way from disease prevention and screening to diagnosis, treatment, therapy monitoring, and disease management. Irrespective of whether the care cycle takes the patient from doctor's office to hospital or hospital to home, or simply from one medical department to another, Philips Healthcare's unique medical solutions are designed to optimize the quality and flow of patient information and clinical decision making.
We welcome you to a challenging, innovative environment with great opportunities for you to explore. YER is preferred supplier. You will be employed by YER and seconded to Philips.
Our benefits are very competitive and designed around your preferences:
- A competitive salary depending on experience
- Extensive set of tools to drive your career, such as a personal development budget, training and coaching
- Healthy work-life balance
- A seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of manufacturing of medical equipment, resolves a wide range of issues in creative ways. Experience with manufacturing of other Philips/IGT products is preferred
- Frequently interacts with subordinate supervisors, customers, and/or functional peer group managers, normally involving matters between functional areas, other company divisions or units, or customers and the company. Often must lead a cooperative effort among members of a project team
- Typically requires a Bachelor’s degree with over 5 years of related experience, or a Master’s degree with over 3 years of related experience