€ 55,000 - € 63,000 gross a year
Secondment via YER, Contract with client
High Tech, Manufacturing
About this vacancy
As a Mechanical Architect at Bosch Video Systems, you are responsible for the mechanical product architecture for security video cameras. You will work on translating product requirements into mechanical concepts in a multidisciplinary and cross-site team. You are responsible for the design from concept to mass production. You will be member of an international quality driven team.
- Analyse customer requirements and ensure that they are implemented in the concept
- Break down of system level requirements into lower level/subsystem requirements
- Engineering concept designs
- Excellent working knowledge of (opto) mechanical engineering and design principles
- Safeguarding functionality, performance, quality, reliability and manufacturability of products
For more than 125 years, the Bosch name has stood for quality and reliability. Their founder, Robert Bosch, was a visionary entrepreneur who believed that trust and product quality are the key to success. Robert Bosch’ iron determination and refusal to compromise are values that we still uphold today. You can see it in their innovative technology and excellent standards of service and support. But most of all, you can feel it when you use the products. Because they work perfectly and make sense for the life you lead (Invented for life). As an employee of Bosch, you are part of a leading technology and services company. Bosch operates in over 150 countries around the globe. Bosch is a privately held company, which means they can act with financial independence, plan for the long term and invest in the future.
Bosch Security Systems provides intelligent products and services to maximize the benefits of a connected security solution. Highly effective security, safety and communications solutions – They don’t compromise and neither should you. Their intelligent products and services include: Video Systems, Fire Detection and Evacuation Systems, Public Address and Conference Systems, Professional Audio Systems, Access Control Systems, Intrusion Detection Systems and Security Management Systems.
- You will be employed by YER and seconded to Bosch
- You have the possibility to earn a Bosch contract after one year
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension, lease car, bonus model)
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or Industrial Design
- Relevant experience (approx. 10 years) in development and industrialization of complex products and have coordinated several (sub-)projects
- Strong in the concept phase (starting from an empty paper)
- Able to balance business needs with quality requirements
- Familiar with state-of-the-art development techniques and CAD (preferably Pro-E, Creo)
- Able to proof the design by means of calculations/simulations
- Experience in common manufacturing processes such as: sheet metal, plastic injection molding, machining, die casting, etc.
- Knowledge of electronics or optics is a plus
- Highly motivated, quality driven and a team player
- An excellent coordinator and have good communication and coaching skills in international cross-site teams
- Prepared to occasionally travel
- Good knowledge of English (verbal and written)