Attractive salary and fringe benefits
Secondment via YER
About this vacancy
Your ambition, our challenge! Are you the Design Engineer who can make a difference to our clients? YER Technology offers you the opportunity to work at leading and innovative organisations throughout the world. We are the high-level sparring partner that can give your career the right boost!
As a Design Engineer you will be responsible for the execution and refinement of concepts or specific customer requests within the automotive and aerospace industries. This primarily concerns the aspects pertaining to mechanical engineering. You will work together with other professional disciplines to create designs, conduct studies to find the proper parts and specifications, request price quotes and draw up budgets. You will of course take into account any agreements that have been made regarding quality, planning and budget when performing these tasks. You will further develop the concept or design using 3D CAD-systems (primarily Siemens UG NX, Pro Engineer, Creo of Catia V5), make calculations and confer with your customer regularly.
You will be employed by YER and seconded at one of our clients. YER Technology has secured a strong position in the technology sector and built a large network in various disciplines, including high-tech, automotive, marine, oil & gas and manufacturing. Because of our structured and personal approach we enjoy long-term working relationships with our clients. What's more, we are the preferred supplier for a number of high-profile multinationals and suppliers. We have a wide range of assignments on offer throughout the world; there is always a challenge available to match your ambitions.
You will be working with a team of international colleagues in which you can be sure of a healthy work-life balance. We will also reward your effort and achievements with an attractive salary and fringe benefits. A quick summary of our terms of employment:
- Fixed, competitive fixed salary commensurate with knowledge and experience
- 24 day's paid holiday and 8% holiday allowance
- Travel expense reimbursement or leased vehicle
- Good pension scheme
- Overtime will be compensated in payment of wages or time-for-time
- Continuous challenging projects in the technology sector
- Intensive and personal guidance
- Opportunity to participate in a personal coaching programme
- Inspiring master classes
- Specialised training courses or a complete training programme
- Higher professional education or university degree in mechanical engineering or similar discipline
- 3 to 5 years' experience as a mechanical engineer, constructor or drawer-constructor
- Affinity for high-tech, automotive and aerospace industries
- Solid knowledge of Siemens NX, Pro E or Creo
- Preferably knowledge of other CAD systems as well, such as Creo, SolidWorks, Inventor or Catia
- Well-developed communication skills, both in Dutch and English