€ 35,000 - € 50,000
Secondment via YER, Contract with client
About this vacancy
As a Manufacturing Engineer you will be a key player in a very fast-paced, multidisciplinary environment that delivers one or more laser systems.
In this function you will primarily be involved in the realisation of one or more high-tech machinery related systems. In this process, you are involved as an expert on design for service and manufacturing topics and you design and implement the maintenance and/or production process. During all these intermediate steps you cooperate with other disciplines and suppliers and you attend several meetings to discuss design aspects, analyse system problems, and support and plan issue resolutions with peers.
Your mission is to create and implement a service/manufacturing process for ASML's Customer Support and Manufacturing department to enable production, repair and periodic maintenance in the most efficient way. This means you adapt the designs into serviceable and manufactural designs, you create work instructions, you train operators all over the world and you give hands-on support to these operators when problems occur. You present your findings and results to the management. You are encouraged to integrate with the dynamic and diverse workforce at the client's side.
The Manufacturing Engineer is responsible to design, maintain, and optimize production processes and adapt to changed output requirements. Develop and apply methods of measuring the performance of the production process. Support the Production in order to ensure product quality, short lead-times and ‘short time to market’.
In the ASML product life cycle, the engineer has the following responsibilities from mechanical build and qualification in the Assembly Work Centre till setup and qualification in TEST and Install:
New Product Introduction:
- Lays down operating instructions, process flow charts, routings, process parameters and indicators
- Brings his/her knowledge to bear on (new) product development projects, to foresee production problems in the design phase and to improve the manufacturability of the product and test design
- Analyses the production process, points out structural problems and bottlenecks, works out suggestions for improvements and initiates their implementation, often in close cooperation with the surrounded departments as Development, Industrial Engineering, Supply Chain and Customer Support
- Contributes to the rapid solution of complex faults and takes the necessary initiatives and practical decisions
ASML is a successful Dutch high-tech enterprise that produces complex lithography systems used by chip manufacturers in the production of integrated circuits. ASML is at the cutting edge of this technology and delivers systems to all the world's leading chip manufacturers. ASML's employees are among the most creative talents in the fields of physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechanical engineering and software. Every day they collaborate in close-knit multidisciplinary teams in which members listen to and learn from one another and exchange ideas. It is the ideal environment for professional development and personal growth.
ASML is headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to ASML. We offer:
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension, lease car, bonus model)
- Challenging assignments
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
Bachelor's or Master's degree in Engineering, such as Mechatronics, Physics, Electrical, Mechanical, Automotive, etc.
- From 0-10 years' relevant experience. Depending on your level of experience you will be hired as a junior/medior or senior
- Experience in the field of Industrialization of high-tech products is a plus
- Pro-active mind-set, plenty of initiative
- Team player with excellent communication and writing skills in English
- Customer focus, analytical skills, flexible attitude and commitment are key for this role
- Willingness for foreign travel, approximately 2 weeks per year
- Fluent in English