Max. € 50,000
Secondment via YER
About this vacancy
As a Technician you work in the sector EF (EUV Factory) Manufacturing is responsible both for the production and installation of wafer steppers, scanners and light sources for EUV systems. The Source Upgrades group is responsible for upgrading sources in the factory and at ASML customer sites.
As a Technician you will execute hardware upgrades on EUV Sources.
Your job mission is to assemble, adjust, test and deliver ASML products or (sub) systems according to agreed specifications, delivery times and quality exceeding the customers’ expectations.
- Represent ASML at the customer site in a professional way including cultural awareness
- Work in accordance with the upgrades sequence and procedures
- Report, inform and escalate correctly and timely on progress and status
- Identify structural issues and support Engineering during diagnostics
- Actively seek for relevant knowledge
- Share and train knowledge and skills
ASML is a successful Dutch high-tech enterprise that produces complex lithography systems used by chip manufacturers in the production of integrated circuits. ASML is at the cutting edge of this technology and delivers systems to all the world's leading chip manufacturers. ASML's employees are among the most creative talents in the fields of physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechanical engineering and software. Every day they collaborate in close-knit multidisciplinary teams in which members listen to and learn from one another and exchange ideas. It is the ideal environment for professional development and personal growth.
ASML is headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to ASML. We offer:
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension, lease car, bonus model)
- Challenging assignments
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
Secondary vocational degree (MBO) in Electronics, Applied Physics, Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics, Aerospace or Automotive Engineering or Bachelor's starters.
At least 2 years of experience or a bachelor’s degree (HBO) in the areas mentioned above including at least 1 year hands-on (assembly) experience.
- Having a high level of technical understanding and commitment to self-learning
- Developing knowledge and having an overview of the different modules
- Initiating improvements for optimizing standard process documents based on experience and expertise
- Performing test and build activities with complex technical impact independently
- Being capable of transferring technical knowledge of new and existing products to other teams
- Resolving a large part of issues without assistance, utilizing your own system knowledge and engineering techniques including contacting support engineering when required
- Working highly independent and maintaining team cohesion at the same time
- Working safe at all times and encouraging others to do so as well
- Thinking in terms of ‘what’s best for the company’ and showing your commitment to the team/department’s values and best-practices
- Being an open minded team player who uses his/her own initiative
- The drive to achieve high quality of work
- Being a good communicator and focus your skills on reporting, understanding, influencing and supporting
- Being proficient with the English language (speaking/reading/writing)
- Being aware of and act on various cultural differences
- Explaining process issues as well as equipment issues to (junior) colleagues within or outside the team
- Coaching new team members, mentoring them from a technical and procedural perspective
- Valuing team cohesion and making sure your colleagues are well integrated in the team
Flexibility and professional attitude:
- Knowing how to handle stressful and hectic (maybe even chaotic) situations on the work floor and are able to deliver structured, good quality results, despite such diversions
- Achieving structured and high quality results where operating (pre) conditions are not optimal
- Being an analytical thinker with a positive, ‘go get’ attitude who adapts to change quickly and positively
- Communicating clearly (i.e. in an elaborate and effective way) about issues towards escalation lines and chasing action holders according defined processes
- In case of issues, being able to give recommendations on possible solutions
- Working according planning, and timely report to your coordinator/TL on progress
- Willing to work in 2 shifts
- Willing to travel at least 4 times per year for a period of 4 weeks