Secondment via YER
About this vacancy
Your Employer NXP Semiconductors N.V. (NASDAQ: NXPI) creates solutions that enable secure connections for a smarter world. Building on its expertise in High Performance Mixed Signal electronics, NXP is driving innovation in the automotive, identification and mobile industries, and in application areas including wireless infrastructure, lighting, healthcare, industrial, consumer tech and computing. NXP has operations in more than 25 countries. Additional information can be found by visiting www.nxp.com.
The System Application & Validation team is one of the R&D teams within Business Line CAR, which is part of the Business Unit Automotive within NXP Semiconductors. The team is responsible for the system level validation and providing design-in support for NXP 19s CAR Entertainment (Radio & Amplifiers) and ADAS (V2X & Radar) applications.
Scope of work:
As System Validation Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Releasing system level applications suited for customer acceptance
- Defining explicit test cases aimed to fully cover all system level requirements
- Developing and optimizing efficient automated validation lab environments
- Executing and reporting validation runs on timely manner within development projects
- Participate in system validation team as technical validation representative. Reporting on key validation progress and issues
- Define and document the system validation use cases and accurately log in project documentation and tooling (e.g. DOORS)
- Translating lengthy manual lab tests into repeatable, reliable and highly efficient automated validation environments completely linked to test cases and requirements (e.g. LabView, JAVA, TestStand, etc.)
NXP Semiconductors N.V. (NASDAQ: NXPI) provides high performance mixed signal and standard product solutions that leverage its leading RF, analogue, power management, interface, security and digital processing expertise. These innovations are used in a wide range of automotive, identification, wireless infrastructure, lighting, industrial, mobile, consumer and computing applications. A global semiconductor company with operations in more than 25 countries, NXP posted unaudited revenue of $4.36 billion in 2012.
NXP has one of the strongest portfolios of high performance mixed signal solutions in the industry, ranging from high performing ICs in RF to Power & Lighting Solutions and applications for new markets (e.g., personal health, mobile audio). Combined with best-in-class design-in support, NXP enables innovative solutions, fully answering customers’ needs. The next generation of applications in the area of Industrial & Infrastructure will strongly benefit from the enhanced processing capabilities and technology NXP has to offer. NXP’s technology expertise enables delivery of innovative, easy to implement solutions that meet even the most demanding customers’ requirements.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to NXP. YER offers competitive compensation. A, more than, comfortable package will be provided to the suitable candidate. If necessary YER will arrange a valid VISA for you and your family as offer guidance towards settling in The Netherlands. Depending on experience and education higher remuneration is possible. Moreover, we provide attractive benefits to our employees.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, colour, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
- Technical University (Masters or Bachelor) in Electrical Engineering
- Broad experience in Electronic design
- 3-5 years of experience in system application validation and design Experienced with laboratory equipment and automation experience
- Programming skills (i.e. LabVIEW)
Nice to have:
- Applications know how of CAR Infotainment and/or driver assistant systems
- Relevant experience in automotive applications with complex ICs using embedded software
- DSP design
- JAVA programming
- TMMi knowledge
- ISTQB training certification
Your personal skills:
- Effective communication in English (verbal/written), German and Dutch language skills are a plus
- Ability to create clear documentation in English
- Experience in working in/with multi-site and multi-cultural projects/teams
- Able to cope with changing environments
- Enthusiastic and ambitious personality, team player and structured/analytical way of working