Secondment via YER
About this vacancy
Technical team player who leads our department in problem identification, resolution and prevention.
As Problem Solving Engineer, you are responsible for analyzing, monitoring, improving and assisting in the problem resolution process within the Engine Integration & Validation department.
In this role, you apply your domain knowledge of engine systems and procedures for root cause analysis and problem resolution to drive corrective actions and prevention.
Your responsibilities and goals:
- Take ownership of the failure resolution within the Engine Integration & Validation department, using the DAF Failure Reporting and Corrective Action System (FRACAS) and Early Warning Program (eWarp);
- Monitor and report out status and progress of failure reporting, analysis, resolution and implementation using methods aligned with other departments;
- Guide the department and individual problem solvers in root-cause analysis, solution investigation and implementation;
- Assist the department to ensure ‘always on’ administration status per failure report;
- Develop templates (PowerPoint, Excel), use them yourself and implement them for others to use;
- Investigate failures and trends thereof, for preventing new failures in subsequent projects:
- Provide input on project requirements at property-, function- and calibration level;
- Identify additional test cases, for early test cell and vehicle testing to establish an early diagnostic performance status for upcoming projects;
- Prioritize and coordinate test- and analysis activities with the Performance Lead Engineers and Line Lead Engineers to test failure hypothesis and solutions, and help gather information other ways to help answer questions, both from within and from outside the department;
Daily activities are in close cooperation with all Engine Integration & Validation groups, other test and resolution departments (Vehicle Testing, Embedded Engineering, Engine Engineering) and the Product Development Quality & Reliability teams.
Within PACCAR Inc., DAF Trucks Global Engine Development is the center of competence for engine and aftertreatment development. In our state-of-art engine development center we develop engine families for future regulations, for DAF, Peterbilt and Kenworth trucks. Our engines and trucks are best-in-class products in the transportation world, being always driven by providing environmentally friendly products with highest reliability and best cost-effectiveness for our customers.
The Engine Integration & Validation department is responsible for definition, integration, verification, and validation of engine and after treatment families towards performance requirements. The department is split into 8 groups and the System Performance group holds a vacancy for a Problem Solving Engineer.
YER Technology offers you the possibility to become employed as Automotive Professional and to combine challenging assignments with an excellent career with perspective on a fixed contract at YER Technology or our client DAF Trucks. The following conditions are applicable:
- Attractive (fixed) salary commensurate with knowledge and experience
- 25 holidays per year (excl. national bank holidays) and 8,33% holiday allowance
- A contract for a definite or indefinite period at a financially robust organisation
- Travel expense reimbursement
- Good pension scheme
- Overtime will be compensated in payment of wages or time-for-time
- Committed to a good balance between work and private life
- An open culture and clear communication
- A Service Desk ready to answer all your practical questions
- Degree in Mechanical or Automotive Engineering;
- At least 5 years of relevant working experience;
- Substantial knowledge of engine, aftertreatment, on-board diagnostics;
- Excellent application knowledge of root-cause analysis-, problem resolution-, and prevention methods (Six Sigma, Ishikawa, FTA, DMAIC, etc.);
- Preferred knowledge of reporting methods through e.g. PowerBI, Tableau, Snowflake;
- Good English skills are mandatory, Dutch skills are a pre;
- Experience with working in multidisciplinary teams is preferable.
- Clear communication, verbally, in writing, and while presenting;
- Initiative, to (have) identify strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats, and improve our engine and after treatment;
- Cooperation, for bringing groups with different insights together;
- Analytical capacity, to combine information from many different sources;
- Stress tolerance, for feeling at ease in an environment which can change rapidly.