Secondment via YER
About this vacancy
Within the PACCAR Inc. DAF Engine Development is the center of competence for Engine Development. In our state-of-art engine development center we develop engine families for future regulations. Our engines and trucks are best of class products in the transportation world. We are driven to providing environmentally friendly products that are cost-effective and highly reliable for our customers. As a global technology leader in the design, manufacture and customer support of high-quality premium trucks we offer multiple opportunities to contribute to our success in a multi-disciplinary team.
- Responsible for realizing project deliverables within one or more areas of expertise
- Coordinate and coaching activities of test engineers
- Participation in change management process
- Secure that technical project choices are within the framework of the chosen strategies by the line management.
- Initiate and participate in risk analysis and test plans.
- Signaling discrepancies (technical content, resource planning) between wishes and decisions line organization and project organization.
- Translate project objectives into requirements for the assigned components or subsystems
- Document and evaluate test results
- Develop new test procedures for engine components and engine systems
- Active contribution to improve test efficiency and test quality
- Collaboration in project teams
The Functional Testing Team determines whether an engine and its subsystems are functioning according to established standards while the engine operates in its intended environment. As line lead engineer you will coordinate the activities of at least 5 on-site functional test engineers, working for current and future development projects on multiple platforms, and reports to the Supervisor Functional testing.
YER Technology offers you the possibility to become employed as Automotive Professional and to combine challenging assignments with an excellent career with perspective on a fixed contract at YER Technology or our client DAF Trucks. The following conditions are applicable:
- Attractive (fixed) salary commensurate with knowledge and experience
- 25 holidays per year (excl. national bank holidays) and 8,33% holiday allowance
- A contract for a definite or indefinite period at a financially robust organisation
- Travel expense reimbursement
- Good pension scheme
- Overtime will be compensated in payment of wages or time-for-time
- Committed to a good balance between work and private life
- An open culture and clear communication
- A Service Desk ready to answer all your practical questions
- Bachelor / Master degree Automotive or Mechanical Engineering
- Knowledge of internal combustion engines, modern controls, sensors, actuators and electronics
- Knowledge on thermodynamics and fluid dynamics is preferred
- Familiar with measurement techniques for temperature, pressure, flow and data analysis
- Enthusiasm to deal with complex engine systems and development of solutions for complex technical challenges
- Excellent communication skills, Emotional Intelligence
- Able to work in a complex project oriented environment
- Good English skills are mandatory, and Dutch has preference
- At least 6 years relevant work experience