Secondment via YER
Engineering, High Tech, Manufacturing
About this vacancy
AT VDL, you can experience the pinnacle of precision and efficiency with the cutting-edge robots, expertly designed to handle wafer systems and seamlessly operate one of the most complex machines in the world! If you're looking for a company that's on the forefront of cutting-edge technology and solutions, VDL is the perfect fit for you. Apply now and let's take on the world together!
VDL Enabling Technologies Group (ETG) is an exciting company that offers a range of engineering and development services. As a Senior (Lead) Engineer at VDL ETG, you are responsible for driving the development of complex modules and machines.
With a focus on coaching junior colleagues, you will be the driving force behind the realization of the architecture in design, implementation, test, and integration, as well as the maintenance of software. Working with a code base that includes C, C++, and Python or C#, you will ensure that the code is under strict configuration management to deliver reliably for multiple systems and multiple users. You will work closely with colleagues from other disciplines and strategic customers in a multidisciplinary team. The software team works in an agile fashion in scrum teams, allowing for a dynamic and collaborative working environment.
At VDL ETG, you will be given the opportunity to take on new challenges and explore new tools and techniques. With a focus on innovation and excellence, VDL ETG is a company that encourages its employees to be their best and strive for success.
VDL Enabling Technologies Group (ETG) is a department that offers exceptional engineering and development services. Within VDL ETG, the Technology & Development (T&D) department is responsible for the development, design, and engineering of high-tech, precision modules, professional products, and capital-intensive equipment. The T&D department is comprised of a number of competence groups, including Mechanics, Mechatronics, Electronics, Software, Technology, and Project Management. These teams work together in multi-disciplinary project teams to develop and qualify professional products for their customers. With their expertise in sourcing, production, and supply, VDL ETG is a reliable partner for delivering qualified products that meet their customers' exact needs. The T&D department's commitment to providing top-of-the-line solutions ensures that their clients receive products that are innovative, high-quality, and customized to their requirements.
YER Technology offers you the possibility to become employed as Software Engineer and to combine challenging assignments with an excellent career with perspective on a fixed contract at YER Technology or our client. The following conditions are applicable:
- Attractive salary between €60,000 - €80,000 depending on your experience
- 25 free to spend holidays per year
- A contract for a definite or indefinite period at a financially robust organization
- Travel expense reimbursement
- Good pension scheme
- Overtime will be compensated in time-for-time
- Committed to a good balance between work and private life
- An open culture and clear communication
- A Service Desk ready to answer all your practical questions
- Bachelor or Master degree informatics or technically oriented with 10 years’ experience in an equivalent environment
- Large experience with high tech complex machine control
- Experience in coaching and leading smaller software teams
- Experience with independently designing and delivering software modules
- Experience with Agile software development
- Experience with Model Driven Design
- Large experience with Real time control software and Real time Operating systems / Linux / Sun Solaris
- Experience with industrial bus systems
- Knowledge of Design Patterns
- Knowledge of C / C++ / C# / Python
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Configuration Management
- Excellent English language proficiency, both written and spoken.
- Knowledge of Dutch is a desirable bonus skill.
- Strong proficiency in both spoken and written English.
- Familiarity with Dutch language is a beneficial attribute but not a mandatory requirement.
We're not just looking for a checklist of qualifications - we're looking for individuals who are excited to grow and learn with us. Don't wait for the 'perfect' qualifications or experience - take a chance and apply now to join a team that values your potential and growth!