Secondment via YER
IT & Telecom
About this vacancy
Introduction to the job
ASML is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of semiconductor-chip-making equipment. A majority of the world’s microchips receive their critical lithographic patterning in machines made by ASML. In addition ASML produces metrology tools and advanced applications to analyze and optimize the performance of the customer production process.
Be a key participant in the development of our distributed data and compute platform infrastructure. Be accurate, be precise and own the design and implementation of test and qualification automation. Onboard, integrate and configure open source or other packages that support the development of semiconductor process tuning applications on the ASML platform.
Be part of this compute platform that is one of the main pillars under the production of the next generation microchips of Apple, Samsung and many others.
Your task shall be to work as part of this team and focus on (but not only) adding automated tests to qualify changes made by the development team. You are also expected to design and build test automation to evaluate system performance under fail conditions. These automated tests shall run on a regular basis, constantly evaluating system performance.
Second category of test automation deliverables shall drive system stability in production environment. The same knowledge applied to in house test automation can be used to monitor system setup to make sure production system stay within specification.
These applications take data from ASML scanners and ASML yield star equipment. They combine this data to real time production corrections and scanner process diagnostics. The corrections are sent back to the ASML production equipment. Failure of the platform has high impact. It would mean failure of the customers (tsmc, Samsung, Intel etc.) production facility.
The platform is currently developed based on DC/OS. In 2023 we are completing the migration to Kubernetes for orchestration and CEPH for storage. We develop the platform aspects in our team. Scheduling of resources, containerization, fail-over and data collection from scanner and measurement devices inside the fab. We have an uptime expectation of 4 nine’s.
Installations and upgrades are automated with Ansible. Other technologies you may encounter are Spark for data processing, Kafka for notifications and high volume data ingestion. Hadoop and HBASE are used for data storage (being replaced by CEPH).
We are open to your underpinned input on the suitability of stable alternatives for these technologies where these better suit the ASML business case.
Role and responsibilities
You will be working in a team as an Infrastructure engineer. This role offers you growth towards; Test Automation, SRE, Platform, DevOps, Scrum Master & way more!
Big plus in case you have affinity or experience with test automation frameworks (e.g. Robot, PyTest, Molecule). You are free to share your vision and underpinned opinion. Coach the team in testing best practices. You take responsibility for:
- Increase stability and reliability of VCP by automated testing and automation
- Translate engineering deliverables to design and implementation for test automation
- Help application developers to understand the infrastructure / cluster / system: “We are the team that is in charge of understanding & explaining how the system fits into the customer’s ecosystem”
- Share knowledge / mindset to teams
- Find the broken pieces of the puzzle at system/cluster level (combination of individual ‘stories’ in a complete book)
- Suggest improvements to our technical solutions and way of working, and implement them in alignment with your team and their stakeholders
- Be able to trade of cost/benefit of test frameworks, work with what is available or be able to motivate changes in wow lined to business goals.
- Support escalations on production systems. Occasionally this can be off working hours.
ASML is a successful Dutch high-tech enterprise that produces complex lithography systems used by chip manufacturers in the production of integrated circuits. ASML is at the cutting edge of this technology and delivers systems to all the world's leading chip manufacturers. ASML's employees are among the most creative talents in the fields of physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechanical engineering and software. Every day they collaborate in close-knit multidisciplinary teams in which members listen to and learn from one another and exchange ideas. It is the ideal environment for professional development and personal growth.
ASML is headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to ASML. We offer:
- Good employee benefits
- Challenging assignments
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
Background in Software Engineering (BSc/MSc)
- Linux expert (RHEL)
- Affinity with test automation design and implementation
- Affinity with test automation frameworks (e.g. Robot, PyTest, Molecule)
- Knowledge of distributed computing systems, practical experience is a must!
- Experience with DC/OS
- Experience with Azure pipelines
- Experience with new technology introduction @ zero downtime including data migration
- Experienced in build and release infrastructure, Maven, Nexus, Bamboo, Github
- Experience with at least one scripting language (e.g. Python)
- Experience with Ansible and Ansible Test Driven Development
- Experience with Infra Spec validations (InSpec, TestInfra …etc)
- Experience with distributed systems
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- No is not an answer / Open to Challenges / Think out of the box
- Look through the customer eyes
- Automate every possible tests on multiple levels
- Be Precise, exact, deterministic
- Go-fix mentality / Think logically and use that ability to solve problems
- Share knowledge, work in pairs with fellow test or development engineers
- Operations / support mindset
- Positive attitude
We also value:
Fan of automatic testing and qualification, if can be part of CI/CD pipeline.
Available to work (remotely) outside regular office hours when it proves that attempt to build a fail-safe system was not yet successful. We really want this to be an exception, not a rule.
- Collaboration with stakeholders
- Curiosity, understand how the system is working
- Ability to dive deep into a specific topic
- Having fun