Secondment via YER
About this vacancy
Howden Reciprocating and Centrifugal compressors (HCR), is a specialist supplier of tailor-made gas compression equipment to various industries. Their products have made a valuable difference for their clients for the past 100 years, and they are now looking for a Control Engineer who will join our team and assist us in making a valuable difference in the century to come. The Control Engineer will be a core member of the Engineering Department.
- Creating documents (drawings and specifications) of control systems of a compressor system.
- Define and test the required control software.
- Providing input and advice to the Lead Engineer related to controls.
- Align with suppliers and clients on the technical requirements, documents and quality of the product.
- Initiating internal improvement and standardization projects.
- Initiating projects on continuous improvement and standardization in Engineering.
- Attending to HAZOP and SIL studies and providing input on control part of the scope of supply.
- Attending FAT and inspection at suppliers site.
Howden enables their customers’ vital processes, which advance a more sustainable world. This is the Howden vision that drives them! Liaise with colleagues in 34 countries. They offer global and local opportunities, 6000 employees and world leading engineers, who create cutting edge developments.
You will be a part of over 160 years of innovation and development that continues today with their digital solutions. At Howden they have a strong corporate identity and purpose. You will be a member of their team, shaping the future of the world and tackling some of the most pressing issues facing the planet. Their products and organization are Revolving Around You. Their culture promotes individual development to enhance their most important asset – the people.
You will work at a company that is certified as a Top Employer by the Top Employer Institute. You will get the chance to bring in your vision and initiatives, be a leader and work on products and projects we are proud off in a healthy and good atmosphere. As we consider talent management as key to the success of our organization, we offer opportunities for personal and professional development and of course an attractive salary package that is fully in line with the level of the position.
- A Bachelor degree in Engineering;
- Technical knowledge in the field (hazardous areas) of control technology and adjacent facets (instrumentation (instruments, control valves, control cabinets) and electrical (motors)).
- Knowledge of control panel hardware and visualization software.
- Knowledge of electrical wiring diagrams.
- Knowledge of process technology.
- Highly motivated to deliver high standards under pressure and is results focused.
- Good communication skills.
- Time management skills.
- Proactive behavior.
- Good team player.
- Fluent English communication skills, both written and verbal. French and/or Dutch are desired.
- Knowledge of ATEX / IECEx directives.
- Willingness to travel (appr 10%).