Secondment with contracting
About this vacancy
Are you challenged by demanding projects in a multidisciplinary context? Do you have the technical capabilities to develop and industrialize state-of-the-art light sources for sensors? Are you able to cooperate in a technical team of professionals in order to realize defiant customer requirements? Then we have exciting opportunities within the Light Sources group of the Development & Engineering sector of ASML. The Light Sources developed by this group are key for the ASML metrology sensors in our lithography and metrology equipment which ensure overlay, focus and throughput performance.
Contribute to the development of leading-edge light sources for optical sensor systems by taking technical responsibility for the light source module. You are responsible for the product requirements and budgets, while ensuring proper design, integration and testing to deliver a light source that performs within the requirements agreed with the customer.
As Senior Architect in the Light Sources group you will be a key player in a multidisciplinary environment that further develops the current and next generation light source for sensors within our lithography machine and external metrology equipment. You will have to demonstrate your skills and knowledge in several of the below activities:
- Define the specifications for our Light Sources to meet the required performance for our internal customers
- Break down the module into concrete work packages and set requirements budgets towards the sub-modules of the Light Sources Define the specifications for opto-mechanical tools required during install and setup of the light source
- Manage the technical project issues and risks and drive the risk build down by ensuring timely implementation of tests, mitigations and solutions
- Drive timely decision making with stakeholders
- Supervise the integration, calibration and qualification of the light sources in our lithography systems and metrology equipment
- Support the production of the light sources and its use by the final customers
You will work in close cooperation with colleagues from many cultures and disciplines in- and outside ASML. Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are crucial in this dynamic environment. You will manage a broad cross-sectoral stakeholder field, internal customers, suppliers and other external parties. You are expected to be flexible, ambitious, and willing to develop yourself.
ASML is a successful Dutch high-tech enterprise that produces complex lithography systems used by chip manufacturers in the production of integrated circuits. ASML is at the cutting edge of this technology and delivers systems to all the world's leading chip manufacturers. ASML's employees are among the most creative talents in the fields of physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechanical engineering and software. Every day they collaborate in close-knit multidisciplinary teams in which members listen to and learn from one another and exchange ideas. It is the ideal environment for professional development and personal growth.
ASML is headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
Above average salary conditions
Technical University, MSc or PhD in physics or engineering.
- Talented MSc or PhD candidates, with 15+ years of industry experience and working in multidisciplinary teams
- Proven track record of technical responsibility for optical system
- Managing system specifications towards customers, suppliers and cross-sectoral stakeholders
- Work breakdown and budgets towards sub-modules
- Drive decisions without having 100% of the information
- Experience with fiber optics, fiber coupling, free space optics, lasers
- Optical design experience is a plus (Zemax, Matlab)
- Solid background on design of experiments, data analysis and presentation
- Experience with hardware development cycles
- Experience with data analysis
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Strong communication skills, knows how to convey complex topics to his stakeholders
- Takes ownership of his work and drives ownership in others
- Keeps the helicopter view of the whole project
- Takes the lead of a team and leads by example
- Shows initiative, creativity and is willing to learn and adapt quickly
- Flexible and committed team player
- Pragmatic attitude, result orientation with an analytical view
- Excellent command of the English language