Secondment with contracting
About this vacancy
Would you like to partake in making cutting edge technology into a profitable industry solution? Do you have the ability to be creative and like to be challenged in solving complex problems? Are you eager to improve your technical and non-technical skills when introducing new machine improvements to your counterparts in the factory and at the customer? Would you like to get the opportunity to travel and provide support at customers? Then you are the right person for this job!
As industrial engineer, you will actively contribute to a majority of the product generation process within ASML for the EUV Source program. You will have an impact on many phases of the development cycle: from the early design phases in which you review whether a new development is manufacturable and serviceable, via detailed design phases where risks are mitigated, towards its actual transfer via delivery of work instructions and training. The end result is to have effective and efficient execution of the assembly, testing, servicing and troubleshooting of the latest generation of our lithography machines.
Your daily activities are:
- New product design:
- Create impact analysis and serviceability / manufacturability requirements for new designs;
- Review all new designs (technical documentation) and make sure internal customer requirements are taken into account;
- Define and create the service / manufacturing activities (needed diagnostics, parts to be swapped, and recovery);
- Drive the industrialization of new products through process engineering and de-risking(e.g. via process FMEAs, trials with mock-up tooling and testing actual performance on the system vs. industrial requirements);
- Analyze and create new ideas to reduce cycle time in the factory and downtime of the machine at the customer.
- Optimize the setup sequence to realize fast system installation.
- Field & Factory introduction:
- Prepare Field and Factory teams to execute service and manufacturing activities by writing work instructions, defining tools and parts;
- Define and develop solutions to complex structural problems on your sub-module;
- Train Field and Factory teams to execute service and manufacturing activities;
- Train first line support teams to execute to trouble shoot product performance issues.
- Drive testing of new modules in the factory, by creating test plans, executing tests, and analyzing test results;
- Field & Factory support:
- Contributes to the rapid solution of complex system issues and takes the necessary initiatives and practical decisions;
- Field support, international at customer and supplier site.
ASML is a successful Dutch high-tech enterprise that produces complex lithography systems used by chip manufacturers in the production of integrated circuits. ASML is at the cutting edge of this technology and delivers systems to all the world's leading chip manufacturers. ASML's employees are among the most creative talents in the fields of physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechanical engineering and software. Every day they collaborate in close-knit multidisciplinary teams in which members listen to and learn from one another and exchange ideas. It is the ideal environment for professional development and personal growth.
ASML is headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
Good working conditions.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- A positive, can-do attitude and you are a team player;
- Strong customer orientation with an operational drive for results;
- Good communicational skills and good command of the English language (writing and speaking);
- Clear affinity with installations and interconnections;
- An ability to deal with an atmosphere where priorities and technical insights can change suddenly.
- Eagerness to learn new things and no doubt to apply these into practice;
- Professional communication skills:
- Adequate English language skills in speech and writing are a must.
- Dutch and German skills in speech and writing are an advantage.
- Experience in reporting progress and issues.