Secondment via YER
About this vacancy
ICN8 is one of the semiconductor manufacturing fabs of our semiconductor client, located in Nijmegen. With a focus on technologies that support high-precision analog and mixed-signal technologies, ICN8 is a key enabler for the growth of our client, especially in the Automotive domain.
In your role as Principal Process Engineer, you will be responsible for technical innovation projects, continuous improvement actions and support of the manufacturing in a team of Equipment and Process Engineers located in Nijmegen. The global growth of the semiconductor industry requires a delicate balance of running a fully loaded fab, while growing the fab and improving the overall efficiency.
You will join a team of 15+ engineers of mixed backgrounds (Process Engineers, Equipment Engineers) in the section Backend. In this section we combine the domains of CMP, Metallisation and Dielectrics. You will work closely together with a team of Process Integration Engineers and Product Engineers also located in Nijmegen.
You will focus on:
- Develop and release CMP processes when introducing new technology nodes
- Initiate fundamental improvements resulting in lower costs, higher quality and/or capacity
- You maintain a good relationship with our suppliers and work together on roadmaps to support continuous improvements and securing future supply continuity
- Supporting the manufacturing organization with complex tool- and process-issues is part of your daily job. You will apply structural problem solving methodologies, create action plans and coach technicians and process operators driving these problems to a solution
- Define continuous improvement activities and related projects to a timely completion
- You stay connected with your peers in other fabs to learn and share, in order to improve the performance of the CMP-section
- For your sustaining tasks, you take care of hold-lots, reduction of OOC’s, defectivity issues, tool and process warnings
A global semiconductor company makes products and environments safer, more sustainable, and more secure with innovative connectivity and edge processing solutions for a smarter world. They are in the business of better. Not just better technologies, but better innovations to improve society. As the world leader in secure connectivity and processing solutions for embedded applications, this semiconductor company is solving the world’s most complex technology challenges to accelerate business innovation, enhance how they work, and advance how they live. A global semiconductor company with operations in more than 30 countries, over 31.000 employees and a revenue of over $11 billion.
Ready the become the technical lead in CMP in the NXP-fab ICN8?
As Principal Process Engineer you are responsible for all aspects of the processes related to Chemical Mechanical Polishing (CMP).
You will be employed by YER and seconded to the client. We offer:
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension, paid overtime, travel allowance)
- Challenging assignments
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Program with a personal coach
- Intensive support for international candidates (including relocation and Dutch lessons)
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
Coming from a Bachelor degree in physics, chemistry or process development, you master the following technical competencies and soft skills:
- At least 3 years of experience in Chemical Mechanical Polishing or dielectrics deposition processes in semiconductor industry
- Preferably, you are familiar with Applied Materials CMP or dielectric tools
- Experience with cross functional teams and good communication skills to operate in an environment with multiple partners (internal and external)
- Experience in providing technical leadership to a team of engineers at different levels in their careers
- You have a natural tendency to work precise and focus on quality of your work
- To solve problems, you have strong analytical skills and experience in using different problem solving techniques. You always seek for underlying root causes of an issue
- Autonomy, sense of challenge, commitment and accountability are essential for success in this position
- You are result oriented and self-motivated
- Fluent in Dutch (mandatory) and English language both oral and written