Secondment via YER, Interim/independent
IT & Telecom, High Tech
About this vacancy
ASML is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of semiconductor-chip-making equipment. A majority of the world’s microchips receive their critical lithographic patterning in machines made by ASML. In addition ASML produces metrology tools and advanced applications to analyze and optimize the performance of the customer production process.
At Business Line Applications, we develop the Yieldstar, which is a platform for advanced lithography control. Our goal is to improve the accuracy of performance metrics (such as overlay, focus, critical dimension) as measured on the end product of a fab process (wafers with chip structures).
The job mission is to design, develop and test application software for the semiconductor industry. The software supports our customers to set up, analyze and execute on improvements for their IC manufacturing process.
Your main responsibilities will be requirements analysis, software design, implementation, test and delivery. The software can focus on analytics, algorithms, front-end or back-end.
You work in an Agile team. You have a strong drive to acquire domain knowledge; you are not just a programmer but you also join the team in taking functional responsibility. You’re experienced with (informally) building up new teams and enjoy seeing people thrive with your coaching.
ASML is a successful Dutch high-tech enterprise that produces complex lithography systems used by chip manufacturers in the production of integrated circuits. ASML is at the cutting edge of this technology and delivers systems to all the world's leading chip manufacturers. ASML's employees are among the most creative talents in the fields of physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechanical engineering and software. Every day they collaborate in close-knit multidisciplinary teams in which members listen to and learn from one another and exchange ideas. It is the ideal environment for professional development and personal growth.
ASML is headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to ASML. We offer:
- Good employee benefits
- Challenging assignments
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
Education and experience
- BSc or MSc in Computer Science, Software Development or Software Engineering
- 10 years or more of experience with Java development in any industry/sector.
- Experience in the complete software development life cycle.
- Strong coding practices, including conducting peer code reviews, developing unit tests, documentation and experience with agile methods.
- Experience in designing, developing, and testing for performance, scalability and availability.
- Strong in Data Structures & Algorithms. Strong unit test and debugging skills.
- Experience with formal design methods like UML.
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Strong interpersonal analytical skills, drive to understand the context.
- Thrives in a team environment and work well with others.
- High energy, outgoing personality that adapts well to a variety of types of individuals and different levels within each organization.
- Informal, technical leadership, with understanding and experience of how a high performing team can be built up.