Interim/independent, Secondment with contracting
About this vacancy
As Engineer Construction you are part of the Engineering team and focus on the shipbuilding design of yachts. The goal of the department is to provide support in the sales phase of projects, ensure timely and qualitative engineers and manage the entire engineering process of new projects during and following the final design phase.
In addition, you will perform the following duties:
- Assessing the substantive results of the (outsourced) engineering performed
- Gathering information about a project and analyzing drawings
- Maintaining close contact with the project team and production in the creation of the work
- Integrating and specifying marine engineering systems on the yacht
- Analyzing and checking drawings for various links in the process from engineering to production and delivery
- Being the point of contact for our Naval Architect office and other companies regarding fitting principles used by the finishing yard
- Setting up shipbuilding arrangements using a CAD application
- Support in solving problems within production
- Actively collaborating with the other disciplines in the execution of tasks
A famous superyacht builder specializing in luxury motor yachts.
With us you get the opportunity to work on the most beautiful super yachts in the world and having fun in your work and a good work-life balance is at least as important as the quality of our work. The more you enjoy yourself, the better your contribution to our projects will be.
The ideal candidate for this position has a professional background as an Engineer with expertise in the discipline of construction You have at least a technical HBO degree and with at least 4 years of work experience in ship and yacht building. You enjoy functioning as a spider in the web and can make accurate proposals for the client team process, setting up and working out arrangements and ensuring the integration and progress of the Construction discipline. As an independent worker you know how to bring the engineering work for doors & hatches, yacht equipment and mast to a good result within the planning and according to the quality requirements.
You recognize yourself in the following points:
- You feel at home in an ever-changing environment in which the customer's wishes are central
- You can work well together
- You communicate clearly (both orally and in writing) in Dutch and English
- You are result and quality oriented