Secondment via YER
IT & Telecom
About this vacancy
Are you a professional and eager to develop your career within the field of software quality? For our innovation center in Venlo, the Netherlands, we are looking for a Software QA-engineer for our project on world leading flatbed printers. Next to steering the software related quality processes (main focus) you will also add value to the
quality of the total system via system testing and looking with a broad view on the system quality (also hardware and print quality related).
As a software quality engineer you will start in the printer project quality team chaired by the Quality Lead.
- Assessing the software requirements and related feature specifications.
- Steer the quality processes of the software teams via a clear and agreed test strategy and plan to find bugs as early as possible in the development process, to safeguard the continuous excellent performance of our printers in the field (Shift-Left).
- Align on function, unit, and system verification and validation plans and corresponding results and monitor the improvement actions Steering the improvement actions necessary to solve issues at customers
- Organize and perform regular system testing (also Total Tests) to monitor the status of the total printer development project.
- Safeguard the transfer of knowledge by proper release documentation to other sectors (Manufacturing, Service, BU).
Canon is global leader in consumer and professional imaging. One of Canon’s goals is to be the #1 in printing. Our strategic imperative and incentive is to constantly look for opportunities to improve our organization, business, culture and brand and to proactively pursue our ambitions.
To be discussed
Someone with a Software background
- 3-5 years’ experience in testing (SW engineering)
- Critical attitude
- Can be persistent (but not black/white); choose your battles
- Easy in communication; will step towards people when necessary
- 100% present in the project (on site)
- Can think from a user's point of view
- Wants to work with machines (not only behind his laptop)
- Can help with requirement engineering