Contract with Client
Engineering, Finance, Automotive, Industrial
About this vacancy
Very exciting next career step for a (mid-)experienced proactive and broadly oriented Finance Professional. Do you get excited by contributing within a truly global organization being in the middle of a changing world by accelerating the energy transition and climate change challenges that lie ahead? Then you should continue on reading. This is an opportunity to work in an innovative and well-equipped professional environment. A stimulating working environment characterized through serious attention on your personal development, an informal pleasant team atmosphere and a professional working attitude.
SKF, based in Houten, wants to strengthen their local Finance team with an enthusiastic Finance Professional who is broadly oriented on both the Financial as well as the Business control part for its Research & Technology Business Unit. Besides your accounting support to realize the full planning and control cycle you will provide strategic and operational business control support to the management team of the Research & Technology BU and occasionally to other Business Units. You will own the scorecard, business plan and forecast. You will be reporting to the Finance Manager. SKF has recently established a Finance Operations Center organization in Sweden supporting all SKF units globally. A clear finance strategy road map has been set and you, being part of the local finance team, will have a powerful role related to a lean, efficient and digital environment, aiming to be in the front line of the next generation of Business Finance.
Most important responsibilities:
- Provide accounting support and information to the SKF B.V. Business Units in collaboration with the Financial Operation Centres
- Analyse transactions and journal preparation for month end closing processes
- Coordinate financial processes and information between the local organization and the outsourcing partners (both internal and external)
- Compose the external SKF BV financial reports in accordance with IFRS and SKF policies/instructions and discuss findings and recommendations to Dutch management and SKF Group Finance
- Reports may include auditor and financial analyst reports, profit and loss statements and balance sheets as well as and regulatory reports
- Coordinate internal and external financial audits
- Support in all tax returns, tax declarations, and other required reports to be sure that these are submitted accurately and on time
- Support in Government Grants applications (WBSO and RDA), especially for the Research and Technology Development projects in The Netherlands
- Ensure local Compliance with regards to CBS, DNB, Intrastat
- Participate in Finance improvement projects to enhance existing procedures and systems or to improve financial insights for the business units
- Analyse financial information and prepare financial reporting (actuals, budgets, forecasts) so that (SKF B.V. and Group) management has accurate and timely information for making financial decisions
- Be part of monitoring profitability, productivity and efficiency
- Support in developing strategic plans through the related business plans and rolling forecasts
- To assist Business Unit Managers with analysing and understanding financial impact of the results of the unit and to challenge performance (profitability, productivity)
- To be the process owner of scorecard, business plan and forecast
- Be an active team member in business development projects
- Be an active member of the management team of the Business unit
- Coordinate investment requests
SKF’s mission is to be the undisputed leader in the bearing business. SKF offers solutions around the rotating shaft, including bearings, seals, lubrication management, condition monitoring and maintenance services. SKF is represented in more than 130 countries and has around 17,000 distributor locations worldwide. Annual sales is around € 67,5 billion and the number of employees circa 42,600.
In a world shaped by population growth, urbanization, digitalization and environmental concerns, industrial reality is the true challenge. And that’s exactly where people at SKF want to be. Right at the centre, providing reliable rotation for the real world.
SKF its expertise is to build upon the development, design and manufacture of bearings, seals and lubrication systems. And they also provide machine health assessment, engineering and remanufacturing services. But what they are really offering is an arena for innovation – an opportunity for their customers to use the tools they provide to explore, improve or rethink the performance of their rotating equipment. From Electric cars to Wind Turbines to Trams and Buses. SKF aims at realizing rotation of equipment ever more efficient and durable.
The Dutch based Business Units, located in Houten, consist of 300 fte, with 26 nationalities represented.
SKF offers you the opportunity to work in an innovative and well-equipped professional environment, which is part of a large, successful company with an excellent reputation. You will join a team of well-motivated colleagues and you will have a lot of international contacts in a wide variety of business roles, from Research and Development till Sales.
Furthermore, the employment conditions are competitive:
- A gross salary package between € 65,000 - € 93,000, based on experience
- A bonus scheme
- 27 holidays and 13 ADV days
- Personal development possibilities
- Flexible (hybrid) working environment
We are looking for candidates who are, at the hart, self-starters, proactive and aimed at working together as a team in a multinational environment.
Furthermore, the ideal candidate profile represents:
- A Bachelor degree in preferably Business Administration or Economics and/or Accounting
- Good communication skills and excellent ability in written and spoken English
- Strong accounting expertise
- Experience with SAP/SAP 4 HANA environment is beneficial
- Project management skills; at ease working with deadlines
- Good knowledge of Dutch law and compliance regulation
- Experience in working with a remote financial service centre
- At least 5 years working experience in Finance, accounting or Controlling
- Result oriented with the right focus on accuracy