Secondment via YER
IT & Telecom
About this vacancy
ASML leads the worldwide development, production and sales of high-end lithography systems for the semiconductor industry. In short, we make the machines that make computer chips, or integrated circuits. We build some of the most amazing, complex machines that you will ever see – and the software to run them – to develop smaller, faster and still more affordable chips. It is because of our machines that the world’s technology has steadily evolved. Data analytics plays a key role in improving our machines and process and that is where you can contribute! Job Mission In this role you will be responsible for one of the most used set of analytics applications in ASML and their migration towards cloud. You will enable your DevOps team to build new features and help maintain the underlying (cloud) platform. All to enable your fellow ASML colleagues to achieve great things.
Context of the position:
The position is within the IT Big Data department of ASML. You will be part of one of the 60+ Scrum/DevOps teams creating Big Data & Analytics solutions for the company.
Role and responsibilities
In your role as Senior Cloud/Infra Engineer;
- You will be leading the migrating of solutions on on-prem infrastructure to cloud using Kubernetes.
- Furthermore, you will be responsible for maintaining and improving deployment pipelines and development servers, designing, implementing and maintaining infrastructure solutions, framing guidelines for use, and assisting DevOps teams in automation and solution deployments where needed.
- You will be part of a DevOps team, helping your and other teams in the Big Data area to be successful.
- Leading migrating from on-prem infra to Cloud (Azure)
- Integrating applications with containers and Kubernetes
- Integrating and developing Helm charts
- Designing and building continuous deployment pipelines using Jenkins and/or GitLab CI
- Troubleshooting and debugging server issues (on prem Linux)
- Creating technical documentation and infrastructure guidelines
- Enhancing monitoring solutions (currently Grafana) for IT DevOps teams, using scripting.
A bachelor or master degree, preferably in the Computer Science/Information Technology area.
ASML is a successful Dutch high-tech enterprise that produces complex lithography systems used by chip manufacturers in the production of integrated circuits. ASML is at the cutting edge of this technology and delivers systems to all the world's leading chip manufacturers. ASML's employees are among the most creative talents in the fields of physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechanical engineering and software. Every day they collaborate in close-knit multidisciplinary teams in which members listen to and learn from one another and exchange ideas. It is the ideal environment for professional development and personal growth.
ASML is headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to ASML. We offer:
- Good employee benefits
- Challenging assignments
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- You have a positive attitude and an intrinsic motivation to learn new things.
- To ensure success in this role, you should have advanced knowledge of programming languages, excellent problem-solving skills, affinity to work with others, and the ability to work to a deadline.
- Furthermore, as the senior Cloud Engineer in the team you coach & train your fellow engineers.
Your technical skillset should include the following:
- Using Cloud vendor products such as Azure, AWS or GCP
- Container technology (i.e., Docker)
- Cloud native solutions such as NGINX, Prometheus, Grafana
- CI/CD tooling
- Linux Public
- General SQL knowledge
- Git source code management (a plus if using the Git CLI)
- Java + Maven + Spring Boot (optional)
- Node (optional)
- Azure Cognitive Search (optional)