Contract with Client
Energy, Gas, Water, Food, Feed, Pharma, IT & Telecom
About this vacancy
Do you have a positive track record in the broad domain of IT Infrastructure and Operations, and do you like to get your hands dirty every now and then? Then keep on reading!
Normec is at the brink of modernizing and optimizing it’s IT infrastructure and operations globally. Normec is seeking a leader capable of driving this multi-year strategic program and lead and guide the IT teams involved. Are you a builder who excels at combining a long term technology vision with delivering pragmatic services that add business value today? Then you might be Normecs Director of IT Infrastructure and Operations. In this position you will be a member of the Global IT leadership team of Normec and report directly to the CIO. You will work closely with Group IT teams and the IT teams in the business lines of Normec.
- Shape and define the IT Infrastructure and Operations strategy, roadmap and priorities that enable and support strategic business goals. This includes Hosting and Cloud platform services, Network, Connectivity, Workspace, Transition and Transformation (T&T), Support, Vendor management and ITSM/Service Management.
- Drive execution of the roadmap together with the IT teams and the business.
- Recruit, build and manage teams with the right capabilities, aligned with technology choices, that best support the Normec IT strategy.
- Sponsor and drive the Cloud transformation journey, establish the Cloud centre of Excellence.
- Own the IT Infrastructure and Operations technology landscape and architecture keeping it stable, secure and scalable to drive best cost for value.
- Ensure day-2-day IT Infrastructure and Operations, monitoring and follow up to ensure issues are pro-actively resolved to avoid any business disruption.
- Manage vendors/outsourcing partners related to IT infrastructure and operations, negotiate all new major IT contracts.
- Engage with senior internal and external stakeholders (e.g. Chief Executive-level executives) as a peer, providing subject matter expertise.
Normec is a fast growing, international enterprise in the TICC sector. They have offices in The Netherlands, Belgium, Germany and are looking for further expansion across Europe. With their 3000 employees they enable their customers to innovate safely, quickly and (cost) efficiently. With intelligent, thorough and independent research and reporting, they combine professional expertise with excellent IT-driven services. That’s how they set the standard.
- A competitive salary and bonus.
- Being part of an international, ambitious team in a fast growing, successful organization.
- Making a positive impact on our society: our services ensure a healthy and safe environment for many people.
- Opportunity to expand and grow your career.
- A lot of freedom in shaping your job the way you want.
- Excellent lunches and Friday afternoon drinks in the Normec HQ in Utrecht.
This is You:
- 10+ years of technical experience in the IT Infrastructure and Operations domain including 3+ years in a management role in a large multinational.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or Information Systems.
- Experienced at leveraging resources that are located across multiple countries in Europe and offshore.
- Up to date knowledge on Cloud, Data- and Information architecture and technology.
- Good communication skills in Dutch and English (written and verbal); French or German is a plus.
- Willingness to travel on a regular basis.
- Result driven team player with a positive, energetic attitude.