Secondment via YER, Interim/independent
IT & Telecom
About this vacancy
As an experienced SOC analyst, you ensure that the day-to-day activities related to security monitoring and incident response run smoothly. You take the initiative in urgent and complex incidents and ensure that appropriate countermeasures are taken in a timely manner. Your expertise provides insight, overview and peace of mind, you are connecting capacity points to a jointly supported solution.
As a SOC analyst you are part of a team to be developed as part of a Security Operations Centre for responses on security related incidents.
You are responsible for identifying, analyzing and following up security incidents, using SIEM and log management tooling, threat intelligence and your own expertise and common sense. You interact with various solution parties inside and outside the bank and you keep control firmly in your hands.
As an expert you stay well informed of the latest developments in the field of technology and threats and you enjoy actively sharing this knowledge with your colleagues. You are happy to help with security-related questions, take initiative and escalate in time if necessary.
As a SOC Analyst you will focus on the following attention areas:
- Analyze incoming tickets from SOC based on SOPs maintained by SOC Engineer
- Contribute to the development, maintenance and assessment of the Incident Response Plan
- Identify, analyze, mitigate and communicate cybersecurity incidents
- Assess and manage technical vulnerabilities
- Measure cybersecurity incidents detection and response effectiveness
- Evaluate the resilience of the cybersecurity controls and mitigation actions taken after a cybersecurity or data breach incident
- Establish procedures for incident results analysis and incident handling reporting
- Document incident results analysis and incident handling actions
- Cooperate with Secure Operation Centers (SOCs) and Computer Security Incident
- Response Teams (CSIRTs)
- Cooperate with key personnel for reporting of security incidents according to applicable legal framework
Our client is an international manufacturing technology company.
In this challenging and responsible position, you will have the chance to make a significant contribution to industry-leading projects and be connected to our dedicated people and customers. We offer a position in an informal, international and professional working environment with a lot of opportunities for personal development. By joining our profitable and growing company you will be able to reach your goals and focus on your future.
- Good employee benefits
- Excellent Remuneration (depending on level of expertise)
- Challenging assignments
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
- You are very curious by nature, maybe you used to take your first computer apart to see how everything worked
- Ofcourse you have a strong affinity with security
- You have excellent knowledge of network protocols, operating systems, security monitoring tools, network analysis tools and attack techniques
- You have already applied this knowledge in practice for a long time at Bachelor/Master level in a similar role (3-4 years of experience).
- You understand how a SOC works and know the processes and techniques that are used.
- With your communication skills you can deal with stakeholders at both technical and management level.
- Certifications such as CEH, OSCP, CISSP or SIEM Analyst are a plus.