Secondment via YER, Interim/independent
IT & Telecom
About this vacancy
Are you passionate about automation and Kubernetes? Would like to be at the forefront of automation using the latest cloud native technologies? If yes, then our client is looking for you!
Our client is using Kubernetes to run its latest Logistic Process Automation software solutions, both on-premises and in the cloud. The clusters are part of the Container Platform and based on Rancher and Microsoft Azure Kubernetes Services. In this position you have the challenge to take the automation of the Container Platform to the next level!
In your role, you are the go-to person with respect to automation. You will be responsible for tying together tools & technologies to accelerate the delivery of value - offered by the Container Platform – through automation. You get to work in an DevOps environment with highly technically skilled colleagues and state of the art technology with opportunities to develop your skills, both on a technical and personal level.
The ICT Platform & Technology Solutions department is part of Corporate IT with a mission to be an innovative and trustworthy digital service provider. The department is responsible for ALM, PLM, IT Innovation and Architecture, IT Infra Module Management, and the coordination and acceleration of various digital activities. You will be part of the Container Platform team consisting of 4-5 specialists.
As a DevOps Automation Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Improving the quality and reliability of the platform and its components, following DORA metrics
- Keep the code secure by design
- Setting up and maintaining automation tools and CI/CD pipeline(s)
- Supporting colleagues from various software teams with automation related topics
- Evangelize the usage of automation and DevOps related practices and technologies with other teams
Our client is an international manufacturing technology company.
- Good employee benefits
- Excellent Remuneration (depending on level of expertise)
- Challenging assignments
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Computer Science or other technical field of study
- More than 5 years relevant work experience in a high tech environment
- Team player with a strong customer focus and good customer facing skills
- You like to challenge status quo and drive change and possess a good level of entrepreneurship; i.e. you are motivated to explore new opportunities
- You like to work using Agile methodology
- Good Linux skills
- Good Kubernetes skills
- Good software development and scripting skills
- Knowledge of setting up and maintaining CI/CD pipelines (ArgoCD)
- Knowledge of Infrastructure-as-Code tools (Terraform, Terragrunt, Packer, Ansible)
- Secure by design mindset.