Secondment via YER, Interim/independent
IT & Telecom
About this vacancy
As 2nd line network-engineer you are driven to provide the best IT working experience for your colleagues. You will work in the internal ICT Operations & Core Systems department within the client, working closely with colleagues that represent other services including datacenter technologies, campus network, workplaces, and many others.
The ICT department consists of 5 teams that are responsible for managing the ICT infrastructure, carrying out ICT projects and development, developing tooling for engineering, managing and expanding the ERP systems and supporting multidisciplinary projects with workflow tooling.
As a 2nd line network engineer you manage, maintain, and help improve any other network service together with the network specialists. This includes taking the engineering role for campus LAN/Wi-Fi changes, e.g., new or changes to buildings and site offices. Also, you will be the network engineer for the replacement of the whole network IT-infrastructure on 35+ offices globally as part of the life-cycle management IT-program. This includes a variety of offices with various complexities and size.
Next to participating in these projects you will be also included in the operational daily support for the campus network activities. This could vary from simple to complex troubleshooting.
Our client is an international manufacturing technology company
You will be employed by YER and seconded to our client. In addition to challenging work and fun colleagues, we also offer you:
- A competitive salary
- 25 vacation days
- Travel allowance or reimbursement of costs for public transport (net payment)
- Training from our certified trainers; Development opportunities including
- a Talent Development Program with a personal coach
- Guidance from our consultants and back office
- Access to our IT events and master classes
- Access to our network (including ASML, Philips, NXP, Signify, MSD, Sabic, DSM, Bosch, DAF Trucks, Vanderlande, VDL, etc.).
You are a team-player that is willing to get your hands dirty and solve tricky issues. You are also already known to project-based work and can communicate with other ICT teams, contacts, and the business to assist in executing changes and/or implementations within those projects. Your communication skills, both verbal and written, are up to par for an international company of many different offices around the world.
- Good understanding of campus LAN/Wi-Fi technologies. Preferably knowledge of Aruba switches, access points and Aruba ClearPass.
- Knowledge with wired networking with network authentication on 802.1.x / MAC-address
- Knowledge with wireless networking with wireless troubleshooting
- Other beneficial competences/tools
- Understanding of network automation. Preferably knowledge of Ansible.
- Understanding of IP address management
- Medior 2nd line engineer:
- MBO-4 or higher
- Used to Project-based work
- English in both speech and written (must)