Secondment via YER
About this vacancy
In this role, you apply your domain knowledge of engine systems and data analytics with the drive to improve the performance of our engine and after treatment diagnostics.
As Diagnostic Robustness Lead, you are responsible for analyzing, monitoring and improving the diagnostic robustness of our engine- and after treatment families.
- Take ownership of the diagnostic performance, as measured in lamp-on time, of current product as well as for development projects;
- Provide input on project requirements at property-, function- and calibration level, based on the experience and analysis of current fleets;
- Identify first test cases, for early test cell and vehicle testing to establish an early diagnostic performance status for upcoming projects;
- Analyze the automated monitoring of fleets and test cells (as initiated by PLE) for emerging issues, act on any unexpected changes, and identify possible improvements, and degradations;
- Initiate data analysis to distinguish true fails from false fails, and direct actions to relevant departments;
- Lead priority-based improvement teams;
- Provide input to project lead engineers to prioritize test activities related to improvement proposals;
- Analyze, summarize, review and report out diagnostic performance of current product to (Project) Management.
Within PACCAR Inc., DAF Trucks Global Engine Development is the center of competence for engine and aftertreatment development. In our state-of-art engine development center we develop engine families for future regulations, for DAF, Peterbilt and Kenworth trucks. Our engines and trucks are best-in-class products in the transportation world, being always driven by providing environmentally friendly products with highest reliability and best cost-effectiveness for our customers. The Engine Integration & Validation department is responsible for definition, integration, verification, and validation of engine and after treatment families towards performance requirements. The department is split into 8 groups and the System Performance group holds a vacancy for a Diagnostics Robustness Lead Engineer.
YER Technology offers you the possibility to become employed as Automotive Professional and to combine challenging assignments with an excellent career with perspective on a fixed contract at YER Technology or our client. The following conditions are applicable:
- Attractive (fixed) salary commensurate with knowledge and experience
- 25 free to spend holidays per year
- A contract for a definite or indefinite period at a financially robust organization
- Travel expense reimbursement or leased vehicle
- Good pension scheme
- Overtime will be compensated in payment of wages or time-for-time
- Committed to a good balance between work and private life
- An open culture and clear communication
- A Service Desk ready to answer all your practical questions
- Degree in Mechanical or Automotive Engineering;
- At least 5 years of relevant working experience;
- Substantial knowledge of engine, aftertreatment, on-board diagnostics;
- Strong data analytics background, combined with knowledge of Sig Sigma processes, certification preferred;
- Good English skills are mandatory, Dutch skills are a pre;
- Experience with working in multidisciplinary teams is preferable.
- Clear communication, verbally, in writing, and while presenting;
- Initiative, to (have) identify strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats, and improve our engine and after treatment;
- Cooperation, for bringing groups with different insights together;
- Analytical capacity, to combine information from many different sources;
- Stress tolerance, for feeling at ease in an environment which can change rapidly.