Secondment via YER
Energy, Gas, Water, Engineering
About this vacancy
Howden Reciprocating and Centrifugal compressors (HCR), is a specialist supplier of tailor-made gas compression equipment to various industries. Their products have made a valuable difference for our clients for the past 100 years, and we are now looking for a Control Engineer, who will join their Project Execution team in the Reciprocating value stream and will support in making a valuable difference in the century to come. The Control Engineer plays a key role in the engineering of the controls for customer projects has an impact on both the technical and the financial success of a project. This is a unique opportunity to work with a highly motivated team to capture the growth opportunities in the renewable hydrogen market!
What needs to be done?
- Creating documents (drawings and specifications) of control systems of a compressor system;
- Define and test the required control software;
- Providing input and advice to the Lead Engineer related to controls;
- Align with suppliers and clients on the technical requirements, documents and quality of the product;
- Initiating internal improvement and standardization projects;
- Initiating projects on continuous improvement and standardization in Engineering;
- Attending to HAZOP and SIL studies and providing input on control part of the scope of supply;
- Attending FAT and inspection at suppliers site.
They enable their customers’ vital processes, which advance a more sustainable world. This is the Howden vision that drives them! Liaise with colleagues in 34 countries. They offer global and local opportunities, 6000 employees and world leading engineers, who create cutting edge developments.
You will be a part of over 160 years of innovation and development that continues today with their digital solutions. At Howden they have a strong corporate identity and purpose. You will be a member of our team, shaping the future of the world and tackling some of the most pressing issues facing the planet. Their products and organization are Revolving Around You. Their culture promotes individual development to enhance their most important asset – their people.
You will work at a company that is certified as a Top Employer 2022 by the Top Employer Institute. We offer an interesting and challenging position within a professional, international organization in which you play a key role in the project execution of their projects. As we consider talent management as key to the success of the organization, we offer opportunities for personal and professional development. We offer a salary package that is fully in line with the level of the position combined with an extensive package of fringe benefits.
What do you need to bring?
- A Bachelor degree in Engineering;
- Technical knowledge in the field (hazardous areas) of control technology and adjacent facets (instrumentation (instruments, control valves, control cabinets) and electrical (motors));
- Experience in Control engineering;
- Knowledge of control panel hardware and visualization software;
- Knowledge of electrical wiring diagrams;
- Knowledge of process technology;
- Highly motivated to deliver high standards under pressure and being result oriented;
- Good communication skills;
- Time management skills;
- Pro-active behavior;
- Good team player;
- Fluent English communication skills, both written and verbal. French and/or Dutch are desired;
- Knowledge of ATEX / IECEx directives;
- Willingness to travel (+/- 10%).