Secondment via YER
About this vacancy
Howden Reciprocating and Centrifugal compressors (HCR), is a specialist supplier of tailor-made gas compression equipment to various industries. Their products have made a valuable difference for clients for the past 100 years, and we are now looking for Mechanical Engineers who will join their Project Execution team and will support in making a valuable difference in the century to come. The Mechanical Engineer plays a key role in the engineering of their diaphrahm compressors for customers in the renewable, industrial and PCOG market.
What needs to be done?
- Contribute to the energy transition by deploying designs for renewable hydrogen market;
- Engineering in 3d of the bare shafts or the system around our compressors;
- Execute with a customer focus mindset;
- Developing of standards that supports quality and efficiency of our engineering process;
- Support other departments with engineering solutions;
- Be an expert in design through Inventor and vault pro;
- Improve knowledge your own knowledge on reciprocating and diaphragm compressors;
- Seek, propose, try, evaluate and implement improvements.
Howden enables their customers’ vital processes, which advance a more sustainable world. This is the Howden vision that drives them! Liaise with colleagues in 34 countries. They offer global and local opportunities, 6000 employees and world leading engineers, who create cutting edge developments.
You will be a part of over 160 years of innovation and development that continues today with their digital solutions. At Howden they have a strong corporate identity and purpose. You will be a member of their team, shaping the future of the world and tackling some of the most pressing issues facing the planet. Their products and organization are Revolving Around You. Their culture promotes individual development to enhance their most important asset – their people.
You will work at a company that is certified as a Top Employer by the Top Employer Institute and get the chance to develop and realize new improvements, meet customers, have technical discussions and celebrate achieving milestones of a project in a team with a good atmosphere and dedicated colleagues. We offer an interesting and challenging position within a professional, international organization with freedom to act and the opportunity to work with a variety of stakeholders. As we consider talent management as key to the success of our organization, we offer opportunities for personal and professional development. We offer a salary package that is fully in line with the level of the position combined with an extensive package of fringe benefits.
What do you need to bring?
- Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar;
- Proven experience in working with Autodesk Inventor and ACAD;
- Knowledge of reciprocating compressors is not a must but preferred;
- An open and engaging communication style;
- Thinking out of the box, creative mindset with a customer focus;
- Team player and a self-starter;
- Fluency in English.