Contract with Client
About this vacancy
For Koole, we are looking for an experienced Internal Auditor to join the Internal Audit Function. We are looking for a candidate who is driven and motivated to support establishing the internal audit function within Koole. The internal auditor will report to the Head of Internal Audit & Assurance.
As an Internal Auditor at Koole, you will work in a dynamic working environment with many chances to develop yourself, take responsibility, and show initiative. Does this catch your interest? Read further below or apply directly.
As Internal Auditor at Koole, you will work closely together with the Head of Internal Audit & Assurance to fulfil the mission of the Internal Audit Function. In this role you will be the lead auditor auditor for the internal audit assignments, with support from internal/external employees.
Further, in this role, you will:
- Execute a variety of operational, compliance, financial, IT audits, including but not limited to Operations, Projects, IT, financial processes and systems (including giving assurance on the defined (key) Internal Controls).
- In the execution of the audit: contribute to determine the internal audit scope, objective, controls and audit activities per audit, and document, process and prepare audit observations memorandum.
- Perform data analysis techniques to assist the Internal Audit function performing audit assignment and by translating data in to recommendations for other functions to improve monitoring of risks and effectiveness of controls.
- Determine, document an present the root cause of audit issues and assist the organization by reviewing the action plans documented by the auditee to ensure they fully address the root cause(s)
- Know and keep up to date about relevant developments, such as updated business and regulatory requirements in and outside the company. In addition, best practices (COSO/ISO/NIST frameworks), tools, techniques and performance standards.
- Frequently follow-up on previous reported audit issues.
- Support the Head of Internal Audit & Assurance in the execution of the coordinating and supporting function for the Strategic/operational risks assessments.
Koole is an international privately-owned storage company providing logistics solutions. Handling the entire logistics chain for its customers, the company has major storage facilities sited strategically at six locations in the Netherlands, two in the UK and one in Poland. With a total capacity of over 4,100,000 cubic meters, its facilities allow the handling of a highly diversified base of products, including edible and vegetable oils, base oils, oleochemicals, chemicals, biodiesel, liquid agricultural products, fuel oil, middle distillates, and gasoline.
Koole employs around 600 employees. Koole has customers from over the entire world, but mainly Western Europe, Asia, and North and South America.
Working at Koole means working in a dynamic working environment with many chances to develop yourself, take responsibility, and show initiative. Koole offers an exciting job with a representative base salary, attractive secondary benefits in an international atmosphere that supports the company’s vision, and exhibit Koole’s core values Unity, Innovation, and Excellence.
For Koole, we are looking for an experienced candidate who will provide the highest level of professional services, while maintaining high ethical standards. You possess strong project management and interpersonal skills and exhibit initiatives. These capacities enable you to interface with all levels of internal and external audit. You are proactive, enterprising, and analytical.
Further, you bring:
- At least 5 years relevant experience; ideally from a comparable role in a related industry
- Maintains a high standard for recording audit work in accordance with the internal and external requirements, e.g. International Professional Practices Framework (IPPF) from the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA).
- A Master degree, additionally a recognized professional qualification. Preferably in combination with relevant other certifications such as CIA, CISA, CPA, ACCA.
- Data driven, with advanced computer skills on MS Office 365, data analysis and visualisation software
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate and achieve consensus on root causes to reduce risk or improve operations.
- Strong interpersonal skills, and high attention to detail and excellent analytical skills
- Excellent English written and oral communication skills.