Contract with Client
Energy, Gas, Water, Engineering
About this vacancy
Are you ready to Power Up your Career?
Thomassen Energy is ready for the future and playing a significant role within the energy transition, partnering up with business partners fully dedicated to deliver High Hydrogen Gas Turbine Retrofits within the very near future. Would you like to be part of this transition as Area Sales Manager Africa?
You will build and achieve profitable sales from new and existing customers in the parts/service market of heavy duty gas turbine market for the appointed focus region in order to achieve the company’s goals and strategy regarding order intake, turnover, profit and margin. Thomassen Energy is leading the energy transition with low carbon retrofit solutions for future generations. While supporting strong sales in the foundation gas turbine/parts business, also continuously look forward to sales opportunities related to the energy transition.
As Area Sales Manager you will actively acquire on target gas turbine users in West and South Africa and you will contribute to an effective commercial strategy and execution of commercial and sales activities for all the product lines in the region in order to achieve the company’s goals and strategy regarding order intake, turnover, profit and margin. You will travel and develop business/sales opportunities in identified target regions which lead to customer purchase orders. You work with local partners in the regions to maximize customer interaction and purchase orders.
Your responsibilities and activities
- Responsible for supporting the definition and execution of sales budget
- Secures and expands customer base
- Defines and contributes to, in collaboration with the team, the definition of the area business plan
- Formulates and executes proposal strategies to serve the customer's needs, managing negotiations
- Follows sales process from opportunity identification through proposal and contract flow down
- Leads deal structuring, pricing and all other proposal development activities interfacing with all functional groups within Principal home offices in the Netherlands.
- Provides periodical information to the Manager Sales & Marketing by collecting, analyzing and summarizing commercial & marketing data
Thomassen Energy (TEN) is the leading provider of aftermarket service and solutions to the gas turbine-focused energy industry. Thomassen Energy is part of the South Korean Hanwha group of companies and has a strategic focus on zero carbon emissions solutions. Working at Thomassen Energy means working in a positive working atmosphere with good working conditions. They offer a sustainable career with an eye for your personal development, and in which growth is possible within the various disciplines of the organization. Thomassen Energy coordinates the needs of the organization and the wishes of the employee as much as possible. Internal and external training can be part of this, and every employee has an annual training budget for this.
Thomassen Energy has a collegian working atmosphere where colleagues help and challenge each other. Together they work on the organizational goals and where necessary, are flexible in our efforts to satisfy our customer.
Thomassen Energy offers an attractive position in a growing an ambitious company making the change in the world to clean energy. They offer attractive labor terms like hybrid working, 30 leave days and 13 ADV days per year, profit sharing, attractive pension within the Metalektro Collective Bargain Agreement, training and development opportunities and a highly dynamic and international working environment.
- Relevant (Business or Engineering) Bachelor or Master
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years’ experience in a similar position within a relevant industry (eg. rotating equipment, compressors, pumps, engines)
- Experience in the region mentioned; Africa
- You thrive in a dynamic and versatile environment
- You always eagerly follow the market development and opportunities
- Proven track record of securing RFQ’s and Orders
- Experienced in the sales of complex projects
- Experienced in managing long-lasting sales processes
- You are an excellent communicator; preferably proficient in additional languages next to English
- You are located in The Netherlands, within reasonable distance from Rheden